Chapter 9

Aubrey's Pov

My boy 40's birthday was right around the corner so we had to do it right. He always busy working and never gets the chance to just kick back and enjoy the fruits of his labor, so for the next week we're doing nothing but partying. I put the word out that I was throwing a pool party and as always the house got packed. Nonstop drinks were flowing, the music was on point, thanks to me, and most of all there was wall to wall beautiful women in bikinis. It was safe to say that 40 was enjoying himself.

I was poolside behind the DJ table zoned in on my laptop screen. I was queuing the next track when I felt lips being pressed against my neck. I turned my head and saw Ava standing there smiling from ear to ear. She looked amazing in her white bikini that was damn near transparent because she had just gotten out of the pool.

"When are you gonna come down from back here and enjoy the party?" She asked wrapping her arms around my waist.

I was grinning when I spotted that special look in her eyes, this girl was tipsy. "I think you're enjoying it enough for the both of us." I leaned down to kiss her lips and could taste the remains of peach flavored vodka on them. I've never really seen Ava drink, so I don't know how she acts after having one too many. This should be interesting.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Aubrey but I am having a good time." She smiled, but then it slowly faded away. "Until now..." I turned around to see what was going on and saw, Raven talking to Trey. Michael came up beside her and they exchanged a handshake and some words. I didn't know they were cool, but what I did know was he was holding my son, and I wasn't feeling that at all. "What the hell is she doing here?" she asked.

"I invited her." Which was true, but now I was beginning to regret it. I asked Raven to come and bring her "boyfriend" so I could size him up, but seeing them together was throwing me off my game plan. I glanced at Ava who was shooting daggers at Raven from over the top of her solo cup. "Don't start, not today," I told her when I saw Raven making her way over to us. I didn't need her causing a scene, especially with my son here. "Hey, I see you made it." I put on a smile as she approached me, but I could feel Ava's attitude building up.

"You know I wouldn't miss Noah's party. He's the only one around here with some sense." Raven joked as she leaned in to give me a hug. When she pulled back she looked to her right at the person standing next to her. "Oh, Aubrey this is Michael, Michael this is-"

"Daddy he's Kilmonger!" Cam cheered with his hands in the air. Great, I see he's won my son over. I took Cam from his arms after realizing he was still holding him. This was the first time ever he hasn't knocked someone over trying to get to me.

"Yeah, we've met before," I said while looking directly at him. I ran into Michael at All Star Weekend. We kicked it at a few after parties and even talked about working together on a project... this was all before I found out that he was the one Raven's been seeing. I'm sure he knew who I was, but not once did he mention that he's fucking with the mother of my child.

From the curious look in Raven's eyes when she glanced at Michael, I'm guessing she didn't know about our little meeting. "It's good to see you again. Thanks for inviting me, this house is amazing." Michael stuck his hand out with a smile on his face.

I looked down at it for a second. I didn't want to seem petty so I shook it making sure my grip was firm. "Thanks, no problem." I kept it short not trying to make more conversation than I had to.

"Hello, Ava." Raven attempted to break the ice between the two, but Ava just rolled her eyes and lifted her up to her lips mumbling something under breath. I see she gets combative when she's tipsy. I could tell it was taking everything in Raven not to say anything, but she brushed it off cutting her eyes to look at me. "So... this is some party. I especially like the half-naked women scattered everywhere." She pinched Cam's cheek then pushed her sunglasses up in her hair to narrow her eyes at me flashing a disapproving look.