Chapter 15

Raven's Pov

Aubrey and I sat in the judge's chambers for what felt like forever listening to our lawyers litigate on our behalf. Once it was understood that neither of us was seeking any kind of spousal support, they moved on to the matter at hand which was getting us out of this marriage as quietly as possible, but it's just our luck that the judge doesn't want to be cooperative.

"Listen your honor, I think I speak for myself and Mrs. Loeb when I say that for the sake of both our client's we ask that you grant this a private annulment. A full on scandal like this could be damaging to their careers." Aubrey's lawyer did his talking and slid the annulment papers across the judge's desk.

Judge Barker, as the name plate on his desk stated, adjusted the glasses on his face as he skimmed over the papers. The room was in a dead silence. I glanced over at Aubrey who sat beside me in these hard wooden chairs, but he wouldn't even look my way. As a matter of fact, he hasn't spoken more than five words to me since we left the hotel.

"So let me get this straight." The judge drug out in a slow sarcastic drawl, directing my head back in his direction. He sat the paper work down and folded his hand atop of it. "Because your client's happens to be some famous rapper and an actress, you think that they're entitled to special treatment?"

"Our clients entered this marriage under the heavy influence of alcohol, which is clearly grounds for an annulment." My lawyer interjected standing tall at my side. I felt like I was a kid in the principal's office having my parent defend me.

"Yes, this is true, but you and I both know that I do not under any circumstances have to grant a private annulment." The Judge stated in a matter of fact tone while giving both of our lawyers a look that put them in their places. No argument followed. The mood in the room digressed and our lawyer went back to their corners. Judge Barker's eye glanced down at our paper work, and then sharply cut to Aubrey and I. "Have you two consummated the marriage?" He questioned.

"No."

"Yes." Aubrey and I spoke at the same time, his yes cutting over my no. Judge Barker looked back and forth between Aubrey and I while tapping his pen on his desk as if he was trying to figure out which one of us was lying.

Our lawyers, along with myself, turned to him looking confused as he sat there without a care in the world tapping his fingers in the arm in the chair. If this judge wasn't in room with us I would slap the side of his face. We were both sat down with our attorneys and agreed that we would deny having sex on our wedding night to make the annulment go smoothly, but he picks today to be honest.

Judge Barker sat his pen down "Being that the union was consummated, annulment is no longer an option, you're looking at divorce." When he said the word divorce my hands got sweaty. This is what I wanted to avoid. I always said that when I get married it's going to be forever, now look at me. I've been married all of 24 hours now and I'm about to get a divorce. "Counselors, I would like to speak to your clients in private." He said, leaning back in his oversized leather chair. Not wanting to frustrate the judge any further, our lawyers left the office, closing the door behind them.

"Now, from my understanding you two do share some type of history... this isn't a complete random occurrence..."

"Aubrey and I were once engaged and we have a three year old son." I muttered as I looked away. It was like pouring salt in the wound of our failed relationship.

His bushy grey brows rose as he slowly nodded his head assessing our situation. "Well that's a lot of history... so what happened for you to call off the engagement?" He questioned while staring directly at me as if he knew that I was the one to end our engagement.