Chapter 7

Aubrey's Pov

It was seven in the morning when Cam's laughter woke me out of my sleep. I cracked my eyes open and saw him sitting in my bed watching Spongebob and eating cookies. His mother would have fit if she knew he was eating junk this early in the morning. I shook my head and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. It was a little after 7:00 A.M, and I already had like twenty missed calls. They were all from Tiana and Danielle which was strange because I don't even like her, so why would she be calling me? I called Tiana back to see what was going on. When I talked to her she was all panicky saying that neither her or Danielle have spoken to Raven since last night, which was weird since Danielle was supposed to be with Raven. I tried calling her phone to see if she would answer, but it just went to her voicemail.

Naturally, I was worried. If none of her friends knew where she was then something must have been wrong. I threw on some clothes and told the guys I would be back. When I pulled through the gates of her house I saw that the cars were still outside, but then I remember that she drove with Danielle. I knocked on the door but there was no answer so I used my key to open it. When I stepped inside, I called out her name but there was no answer. I then checked the bedroom thinking maybe she was asleep, but her bed was still made letting me know that she hasn't been here all night.

So here I sat on Raven's couch in her living room, watching the sunrise as I waited for her to return. Hours went by, no call, no text, no nothing, and most importantly, no Raven. Now I was the one panicking. Just as I was about to try her phone again I heard the alarm go off alerting me that the front door had opened. I looked down at my watch to check the time. I've been sitting here for damn near four hours and now she decides to come home. I got up from the couch and walked over to her.

"Where the hell have you been?" I called out to Raven. I could tell she was surprised to see me from the way she stood frozen with one foot on the step and the other still on the carpet. I gave her a quick once over to make sure she was okay, but then I noticed she wasn't wearing the clothes she had on last night. As a matter of fact, she was wearing baggy grey sweats and a black Nike t-shirt that looked like it belonged to a man. The dress and shoes she had on last night was in her hand, which made me wonder why it wasn't on her body.

"Aubrey, what are you doing here, and where's Cam?" Raven found her tongue to speak, but still didn't answer my question.

"Cam's fine, don't try and change the subject. I asked you a question." I repeated growing more frustrated by the second.

"I was out with a friend, now can you leave me alone." She responded with her sights set on her nails to avoid looking at me. I don't know who she thought she was fooling with that lie.

I planted my foot on the first step, stepping closer to Raven, who stood on the second. She was still trying to avoid my questioning gaze, so I tilted my head to meet her eyes. "That's funny, 'cause all your friends didn't seem to know where the hell you were."

All of a sudden she looked at me with a grin on her face. "You don't know all my friends, Aubrey." She said as she gave me her back and started walking up the stairs. I caught a whiff of cologne as she walked. This confirmed my suspicions of her spending the night with another man. They had to be pretty close for his scent to rub off on her and the thought of that had me gripping this banister. I followed Raven up to her bedroom. She tried to close the door on me, but I pushed it open and walked inside anyway. "Oh my god Aubrey, it's too early in the morning for this." She groaned. "I really need a shower, so if you don't mind..." Raven looked over at the door, insinuating that she wanted me to get out, but I wasn't going anywhere.

"Whose clothes are you wearing?" I asked. I think I have the right to know who this guy is.

"That's none of your business," was her simple reply while looking up at me with her hands on her hips.