The game

July 21st 1962
It's the day of the game against Phillips team I don't know we're there diamond is so Benny is picking me up. I grab a pair of skinny jeans and a black tight shirt, I throw over a dodgers jersey leaving it unbuttoned and I grab my black PF flyers. I sit at the table and eat a bowl of cereal with my mom before I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see Benny I smile at him and grab my glove, I yell bye to my mom and run out of the door. I follow Benny to a actual baseball diamond. Once we arrive I see all of the sandlot boys in the dugout on the left and Phillips team on the team right. I walk to my team and set my stuff down. I look around and see everyone here besides Benny. I look around and find him pacing back and forth behind the dugout so I walk to him and hug him from behind.

You: what's wrong
Benny: oh hey babe it's nothing I promise

He turns around and faces me before kissing my forehead and wraps his arms around my waist.

You: Benny somethings bothering you
Benny: it's nothing Lils ok
You; Ok if it's about me I'm sorry

I put my head on his chest before he grabs my chin and lifts my face back up.

Benny: it's not about you, in just stressed about the game that's all
You: but your never stressed about baseball
Benny: I'm just stressed about loosing you
You: what?
Benny: well Phillips said whatever team wins gets you and-

I pull him closer to me and kiss him cutting him off.

You: you can never loose me Benny ok. I love you too much.
Benny: I love you too
You: now stop thinking so much and play the game you love. And as if you would loose against there team they suck. Ok don't stress.

He smiles and kisses me once more but before I pull away as I hear someone fake gag. I turn around and see Phillips standing there with a sarcastic smile.

You: Jealousy is a disease Phillips hope you get better soon
Phillips: oh I won't be the one jealous in an hour. Right Rodriguez?
Benny: your team has no chance against us
Phillips: you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid.
You: so I'm a reject?
Phillips: your not playing
You: last time I checked I was though so..
Phillips: girls don't play baseball, they cook and clean.
You: well I play baseball and I have no clue how to cook so guess I'm good at breaking stereotypes.
Phillips: that's even worse Rodriguez you play with a girl too.
Benny: she's better than you'll ever be
Phillips: as if, just remember your team looses I get your girlfriend and you'll never be able to talk to her again.

Benny unwraps his arm from my waist and lunges at Phillips before I grab his arm and pull him away and shake my head.

Phillips: wow she's really turning you into a bitch huh?
You: go practice Phillips you'll surely need it.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes before walking away back to his dugout before Benny looks at me.

Benny: you have to let me beat his ass once
You: if you pulls anything again you can, deal
Benny: deal
You: ok now let's go.

He grabs my hand and we walk into the dugout we write our names down on the score sheet and give it to there coach. I walk back to them and we're in outfield first. Kenny walks up to the pitching mound and we all take our regular positions. I can overhear Hams insults from where I'm standing as they try to swing.

Ham: hurry up batter it's gonna be a short game and I gotta get home for lunch.

The batter gets in position and Kenny throws his a pretty easy pitch but he doesn't even swing.

Ham: huh that's one.

That kid strikes out and another boy takes the bat and stands it place and Kenny prepares himself.