【19】

Tom strained and tried to get himself free from the ropes. "LET. ME. FUCKING. GO!" He shouted. Edd sighed. "Make sure that rope is tight." He said, turned to Matt. Matt nodded and tightened the ropes. Tom struggled. "Tom listen-" Edd said, being cut off by Tom. "NO! NEVER! YOU DID THIS TO ME!" He shouted. "Did what?" Edd asked.
"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!"
"Okay, first of all, stop screaming. Second, what did I do to you?"
Tom stayed silent. Edd stared at him and sighed. "You did this to me." Tom repeated quietly. "You ripped out my eyes and gave me this. You forced me to be like this just so you could throw me away." Edd gasped slightly. "Wha-Who told you this? I would never do something like that!" He exclaimed. Tom turned and looked away from Edd. "Red Leader told me. He found me in a science lab where you left me." He said. Edd scoffed. "That's a lie!" He exclaimed. "Tell me you don't believe this-you can't actually believe this!"
"Everything Red Leader tells me is true."
"No! No it's not! It's like he's got you under some kind of...hold on..."
Edd looked at Tom closely. "Tom, listen to me." He said sternly. "I need you to snap out of it. You've done it before and you can do it again. It's me, Edd. Or James, whatever you wanna call me. Please Thomas, I need you back. We need you back. No lie Tord tells you is true. Do you remember anything?" Tom's expression softened. He sighed and slowky shook his head. "I took you in remember?" Edd asked. "When you came to my house and-and you didn't have a place to go." Tom stood still for a second. He mumbled something under his breath. "What?" Edd asked. Tom looked up at Edd. "Like brothers.." He said louder. Edd nodded. "Yes!" He exclaimed. Tom smiled a bit. "Edd?" He called. "I-Is that you?" Edd laughed. "Yeah." He answered. "It is."

Paul sighed and looked at the other soldiers. "Did you find at least any trace of them?" He asked. "No sir." One of the soldiers answered. Paul sighed. He knew Red Leader would be furious. Especially since he lost Tom as well. "Let's head back to the base." Paul instructed. "We'll continue tomorrow." The soldier nodded. "Yes sir!" He exclaimed.
"YOU LOST THEM!?" Tord shouted. Paul nodded. "Y-Yes Red Leader sir." He answered. Tord slammed his hands on the desk. "I knew I should not have trusted him." He mumbled. He looked back at Paul. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE!?" He shouted. Paul looked around nervously. "No sir..?" He answered. Tord clentched his teeth. "YOU DUMBASS!" He screamed. He sat back down in his chair and rubbed his temple. "Red Leader sir?" Paul called. Tord looked at him. "Go." He said. "I do not wish to deal with you right now." "Yes Red Leader sir." Paul answered, saluting. He turned around to leave when Tord called him. He turned back around. "Yes Red Leader sir?" He asked. "I am demoting you." Tord said. Paul gasped quietly. "Sargent Patryk will be taking your place." Tord said. Paul sighed quietly. "Y-Yes Red Leader sir.." He said. Tord pointed to the door. "Out. Now." He said. Paul nodded and quickly left. Tord sighed. He took out the photo of him and Tom. Looking back at it made Tord's heart hurt. He needed to forget about this. "I thought we were friends!" "Hah no! Who needs friends when I have this?!" Those distant memories didn't feel so distant anymore. Everything he wanted to forget, he needed to forget, was coming back. The start of it all. All of it was Tord's fault. He quickly opened one of the drawers and snatched his bottle of pills. There were only two left and Tord took them anyway. He groaned and lied his head on the desk.

Edd hugged Tom and they pulled away. Tom smiled. "Thank you." He said. Edd nodded. "You're welcome." He replied. Matt looked at Tom and Edd he crossed his arms and turned away. He felt a bit, jealous but he didn't know why. "Matt! Tom's better now!" Edd exclaimed. Matt put on a fake smile. "That's great." He said. He turned away and sighed, walking into the little kitchen area. Tom sighed. "I-I'm sorry." He apologized. "For everything I've done." Edd shook his head. "It's okay Tom. You didn't know what you were doing." He assured him.
"No, I did."
"What do you mean?"
"I knew what was going on the whole time. I was pressured by anger and sadness, I..I needed to punch something like, everyday."
"Oh.."
"I tried to tell you. The headset it-it prevented me from talking about important information."
Edd nodded slowly. "You're okay now." He said. Tom nodded. "I am." He said. "Thank yo-" Tom stopped and sat up straight. He had a neutral expression on his face. "Tom? Hellooo!" Edd exclaimed. Tom slowly turned his head to face Edd. "They're coming." He said in a blank tone. Matt walked over to see what was goig on. "Who's coming?" Edd asked. Tom smiled a bit. "Them." He answered.
"Who's them?"
"Our help."
"Help?"
"The woods."
There was a silence before Tom gasped for air. He squeezed his eyes shut and opened them again. Edd and Matt stared at him. "Tom are you okay?" Matt asked. Tom whipped his head to face him. "We need to get to the woods." He said, not answering Matt's question. "What? Why?" Edd asked. Matt backed up. "This could be a trap.." He said. Tom shook his head. "I don't know why, but we need to go. Now." He said. Edd slowly untied the ropes from the chair. Tom stood up and looked at Edd and Matt. "Come on!" He exclaimed. Edd and Matt looked at each other then back at Tom. Edd shrugged and followed Tom while Matt followed Edd.

Tom took them into a deep part of the woods where he kneeled down. "Wha-Why are we here?" He asked. Edd looked at him. "You said he had to come here." He answered. Tom looked up at him in confusion. "No I didn't." He said. Matt shrugged. "Oh well." He said, turning around to leave. Edd stopped him. "There could be something here." He said. Matt sighed and turned back around. Tom stood up. "What's going on?" He asked. "I don't know." Edd answered. "Waiting.." After a while, nothing happened. Edd sighed and turned to leave, Tom and Matt followed. When all of a sudden, a shining blue and white hole opened up out of thin air. The boys turned around and looked at it in shock. The wind was strong and Matt turned to Edd. "What is that!?" He asked. "I don't know!" Edd exclaimed. "Be prepared for what's about to come out!" Tom exclaimed. He turned to his monster form. Edd nodded and raised his fists. Matt pulled out a gun and aimed it at the weird thing. A person jumped out and sighed. They smiled and put their hands on their hips. "Wow." They said, the voice was high. It sounded like a girl. "I'LL FUCKING SHOOT!" Matt screamed. The girl raised her hands. "Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah hole on!" She exclaimed. Tom growled and Edd prepared to fight. "Who are you?" He asked. The girl smiled and turned to face him. "Danelle Golden." She answered.

"But you can call me Ell."