Your Favorite Book

"You look amazing," Marc and Nathaniel say at the same time as they get a look at each other's outfits.

Marc wore a red velvet jacket that just made him look so amazing. His shirt is white with black edging on the collar and sleeves, and his tie is made of black silk. The black skirt he wore opened just above his knee and flowed out behind him.

Nathaniel had on a purple-to-black gradient velvet jacket with a black shirt, a matching purple tie patterned with blacks, and pants that were a dark grey but not too close to black

They each pull out wrist corsages, both matching the other's suit jackets, and put them on each other. And then, because Marc can, he kisses Nathaniel on the lips as the shorter boy wraps his arms around his waist

"You ready?" Nathaniel asked

"So ready."

They got into their rented limo, and make their way to prom

Marc had to admit... This is one kickass prom. He didn't ask for much, just a simple dance with his boyfriend, swaying slowly to the music, take a photo, and tonight, it finally happens, but it's so much more than what he asked for. There's room for everyone.

Students from Paris, out of the city, and even out of the country flooded into Dupont's courtyard just to be here tonight. There were gay kids, lesbian kids, bi kids, pan kids, ace kids, aro kids, omni kids, demi girls, demi boy, nonbinary kids, cis kids, trans kids, agender kids, poly kids, genderfluid kids, bigender kids, straight kids. It was so beautiful.

It's amazing how a team of superheroes based on the Chinese zodiac can pull something like this together, even after they made a mess of things the first time and it resulted in a temporary break up between Marc and Nathaniel, but this dance makes up for everything.

No one was judging Marc, sneering at him, writing slurs on his locker, Nathaniel was finally out of the closet and they could go out in public without fear of his mom flipping out.

"Care for a dance?" Nathaniel asked as he offered his hand to Marc

Marc smiled and took his hand, "Yes."