Chapter 35

I stretch, stifling a yawn as all the Gryffindors crowd into the Great Hall. Professor McGonagall separates the boys from the girls, Much to George's dismay as he lets my hand go. I slide my arm around Hermione's, "What do you think is going on?"

   She looks at me, and whispers, "I think it has something to do with the Yule Ball?"

   I stare at her, "The what?"

   But before she can explain, McGonagall starts, "Gentlemen, ladies! Listen up! With the Triwizard Tournament, comes the grand Yule Ball. It is for fourth years and older, but you can ask a younger student to come as well. You will all be responsible for dressing to the nines, and be respectable young men and women." I see her make a side eye at the Twins and I can't help, but to laugh. Her eyes dart to me, "Also you will all be expected to know how to dance. I will not have my students look like a baffle of babbling baboons!"

   I smirk again seeing my love and best friend whispering about the saying. Ron gets pulled into McGonagall to be the first to try dancing. Hermione and I start to giggle at how red he turns. "This is going to be something we talk about for a long time." She nods in agreement.

   After a quick run through, we are set to couple up. Strutting over to me, hand extended, that sultry voice says, "Care if I have this dance, Miss. Y/n Y/LN?"

   A sly smile crosses my face as I take his hand, "I suppose so, Mr. George Fabian Weasley."

   Lucky for me, my dad taught me how to dance. George's hand rests around my waist, the other holding my hand up. I place my hand gently on his shoulder, nodding and winking as we step with the music. George and I glide over the dance floor, other couples moving out of our way. I spin and twirl, thinking back to the times when I would dance with my dad on his toes. The memories fill my heart, and my eyes. The song ends and George gives me on last dip, and plants a kiss on my lips as we stand up, applause breaking out.

   "Oh, how wonderful! Miss Y/n and Mr. Weasley I am glad to see I don't have to worry about you two! 50 points to Gryffindor for that performance!" McGonagall gives us both a slight hug, whispering in my ear how proud she was.

   I hold onto George, who notices my tear filled eyes, "What's wrong my love?"

  I sigh, gripping his shirt in my hands. I shake my head, "Just thinking about how my dad taught me to dance, and then I guess I taught you."

  He smiles, his thumb wiping away an escaped tear. "You know he would be so proud of you. You mum too. I love you, Y/n."

   I peck his nose, "I love you too, Weasley."

***

   I laugh and throw my hand over my mouth, "Wait so you danced with Sprout? Oh I would pay money to see that." I poke Diggory in the side as we walk to the Great Hall for lunch. 

   He shoves me causing me to trip, "Not funny, Y/LN. She kept talking about how good I smelled."

  I laugh again, getting close and sniffing. "Eh, you smell okay." It was true, he smells like vanilla and woods.

   "Shove off dork! Did Weasley ask you to the Yule Ball yet?" He smiles that million watt smile everyone loves. 

  I stop, leaning against the stone doorway, huffing, "No, I'm actually mad. He thinks we are just automatically going together? He hasn't even put in any effort! Have you ask anyone yet?"

  He runs a hand through his brown hair, scratching his neck. He pulls me close to whisper in my ear, "I think Cho Chang wants me to ask her to the Ball."

  "And you don't want to?" I look even more confused. Cho is a great girl, and very smart, there's no reason he shouldn't want to go with her.

   "Well I don't know," he smiles, turning a bit pink, and nods a greeting to his fellow Hufflepuff's, before pulling me to our normal seat with George and Fred.

   George gives us a greeting, kissing my cheek and giving Diggory a nod. "Why do you both look like something serious happened?"

  Diggory laughs this time, timidly, his eyes narrow at George, then back at me, "So Y/n, do you have a date to the Yule Ball?"

   I smirk, because I know where this is going. "Actually no one has asked me yet. So I guess I don't. Why, Diggory? Were you going to ask me?" I hear an audible gasp from behind me, and I see Fred and Lee look at each other from the corner of my eye. The sputtering of George's outrage is making me crack, but Diggory saves the day.

   "Well I wouldn't mind you to go with me, Y/n, especially if no one has asked," his sly voice plays it perfectly, his eyes drift over my shoulder as he gives me the slightest wink.

   I feel an arm pull me around, and I'm met with those gorgeous golden green orbs and freckled face, "What the bloody hell is happening love?"

  I shrug his hand off me, putting on my most innocent voice, "Georgie, I'm not lying! No one has asked me!"

   His face flushes, I don't know if it's with anger or with embarrassment, but something clicks in his pretty little head. Abruptly, he jumps on the table, clanging a glass to get everyone's attention. "Listen up! I George Fabian Weasley want everyone to know that I am asking Y/N Y/MN Y/LN to the Yule Ball and if she says no then I will let the giant squid eat me whole!"

   The whole Great Hall is silent, staring at us. You could hear a pin drop. My face is red with absolute embarrassment. My hair a bright pink. I look up at George, who is impatiently waiting for an answer. I grin up at the goof ball, who I love so much.

     I stand up on the table next to him, grabbing his hand. I kiss him right there in front of everyone, pulling away I look deep into his eyes, "Yes Georgie. I will go to the Yule Ball with you."

   The hall explodes with whistles and cheers as we get off the table. Diggory puts a hand on my shoulder, slapping George's back. I look at him and mouth a thank you, earning another million watt smile.