Chapter 39

"HE WHAT?" I yell at Fred, who steps back. "WHY WOULD HE THINK THAT?"

Fred backs into the rail, hands up, "Because Cedric did get you out of the water! You know he has this weird complex when it comes to him."

"I'm going to murder that Weasley if he thinks anything other than friendship is happening between Diggory and I." I stomp off, going directly for Diggory who is wrapped around Cho. "You. Come with me right now!" I grab him away from Cho, before turning back to say, "Sorry Cho, I promise I'll bring him back to you in one piece, maybe."

"What is going on, Y/n?"

"What is going on? My boyfriend, the guy I have been in love with for three years now, thinks something is going on between us. And I am taking you to him, so we can all have a little sit down and figure this out." My voice must have startle him, because he followed without any more protest.

*

"Finally! George Fabian Weasley! I have some words for you, you stupid twit!" I yell at him, still dragging Diggory down the quidditch pitch, where George is hitting bludgers.

George looks back, not noticing the bludger heading right back for him. "GEORGE!" Diggory yells, "Watch out!" But it was too late, the bludger hit it's target, George's right arm. An animalistic like scream escaped his mouth as I let go of Diggory, and rush to his side. Diggory wrestles the bludger to the ground and locks it back up.

I prop George's head into my lap, he grasps at his arm, tears rolling down his face. I wipe them away, feeling my own eyes start to pool. "Georgie, you ignorant nimrod! You told me years ago never take your eyes off a bludger, and here you are doing exactly that!"

He winces in pain, "You don't even care Y/n! You and your new boyfriend can just leave me be." He tried to get up, but fails, the bones in his arm completely broken.

All I want to do is slap him. Instead, I push his hair from his face, "Diggory, let's take Mr. Know It All to the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey is a wiz at mending bones."

George was unwilling to cooperate with us. Refusing to put his good arm around either of us. I huffed and puffed the whole time with him, getting tired of his ridiculous attitude. Once in the infirmary, Madam Pomfrey gives him a tonic to help mend his bones, telling him he will be fine by the morning as long as he rests here.

He refuses to look at Diggory or me. I sit on the bed, and grab his good arm. "Sit, Diggory. We need to all talk." Diggory sits in a chair next to George's head. I pull his chin so he looks me in the face, "Listen to me right now George. Do you love me?" My voice quavers on the question.

His eyes raise to look at me, then dash to Diggory, and back to me, "I do, but what does it matter if I do? When he is always in the shadows. Hell, this task showed you are his most loved possession."

I fume, but breath deeply to try and focus, "First off, I am not anyone's possession, now or otherwise. Second, you do realize Harry had to get Ron right? Does that mean that they are secretly in love? No! They are best friends who have shared some terrible experiences together! Diggory is the one who saw me after I found out about my dad, and the one who helped me through you being a prick after Percy! If Fred was in this competition, you or I would have been down there! Do you understand this?"

George narrows his eyes, "It was still you and not Cho!" His voice rises with heat.

I groan, still holding onto his chin, "And did you wait around to see that Diggory left me to freeze so he could get snuggled up with her? He didn't even make sure I was okay after we got out the water!"

He looks guilty, staring at my face to see any sign of a lie, and he looks to Diggory, "Is that true, Cedric?"

Diggory turns red, rubbing the back of his neck, "I mean, I saw Fred, thinking it was you, and I got Y/n out, so I figured she would be fine. But yes, I went to Cho right after. And I also love, Y/n, but as very good friends. You should know how madly in love with you she is, considering the fact none of my normal antics ever swooned her."

George's face is riddle with lines of concentration, until he blows up, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR SO CALLED BEST FRIEND WAS OKAY AFTER BEING STUCK IN THE WATER FOR AN HOUR! SHE COULD HAVE DIED OF HYPOTHERMIA AND YOU JUST LEFT HER SO YOU COULD MAKE OUT WITH YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND!"

Diggory stands up, the chair scrapping against the floor. He puts his hands up, "I said I was sorry! Y/n is a tough girl!"

Madam Pomfrey comes over, "You are going to have to leave Mr. Diggory and Miss. Y/LN if you are going to get Mr. Weasley excited."

"It was just Cedric. He can leave." George growls out, now holding my knee with his good arm.

Diggory nods, patting George's knee, "I'll talk to you both later. Get well, Weasley."

The silence is ear splitting. George leans back, "So, you really don't have feelings for him?"

I sigh, "I think that's obvious, WeasleyBee. That prick literally left me soaking wet to go make out with Cho."

A small groan escapes his lips, "I'm going to get him for that. He doesn't even know the difference between Fred and I? What do you see in him?"

I roll my eyes, cupping his face in my hands, "He's not related to you, so I can talk shit about you when I want and not worry about it going back to you."

His face brightens up, "You little brat. I can't believe you!" I laugh, kissing his lips. He pulls me into him with his good arm.