Chapter 52

The night sky shields my blank face as I look up at the stars. I pull my sweater down and around me more. I had to get some air from Grimmauld Place and the never ending congratulations. It's our last night here before heading back to finish out our year at Hogwarts. I'm still in awe over the fact George really popped the question. Mr. Arthur was more than excited about it, and let the whole floor in the hospital know.

   "If you keep chewing on your fingers you won't have any left," the velvety voice of Remus Lupin pulls me from my thoughts.

   I gasp, looking down at my fingers. I had bite off every nail I had. I sigh as he sits beside me, "I didn't even notice."

   Remus looks at me, then back at the sky, "You know, I use to think I was never worthy of someone loving me." He leans in whispering, "Being a werewolf and all. It doesn't make one feel the need to put someone else in danger in the name of love."

   I look at him, picking at the skin on my fingers. I sigh again, "I don't want anyone hurt. This Mark means more than George knows." I stop, looking up at Remus, "I think it's more than any of you know. It took a lot just for me to come back this summer, because it's dangerous just knowing about this." I pull up my sleeve.

   He laughs, "You don't think it's dangerous knowing that I am a werewolf? I lost my job! And so much respect from people whenever they found out about me."

   I lean back, "I'm sorry Remus. I didn't mean that. At least there are some amazing Lycanthrope people out there." I elbow him, "I happen to know the best one."

   This causes him to throw his head back and throw and arm around my shoulders. "Remember when I had you do that assignment with the Boggart?" I nod before he continues, "You didn't want the Twins to think of you as a monster. You still have that fear, but for a different reason now right?"

   I look down, "Yes. Except now I really am a monster. Deatheaters are soulless. I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. For me to become soulless and not care about anyone but myself."

   Remus pulls my chin up so I face him, "Listen to me, Y/n. You are no monster. And I know it can be terrible to think of the unknown. I am so worried every full moon of what I may do, but I don't let it control my happiness. And you can't think that this Mark is going to make you anything other than the amazing witch that you are. It is also not going to change how much that red-headed prankster loves you."

   He pulls me in and I wrap my arms around him. "Thank you," I mutter into his raggedy jacket."

   "Let's get you back inside," he says gently, noticing me shiver.

   I shake my head, "If it's okay with you, I'd like to stay a little longer."

  He nods, sitting back down with me, draping his arm over me again.

**

    A trail of kisses up my neck wake me. My eyes flutter open to be faced with George's gorgeous orbs. I yawn, "Good morning, Fiancé."

    "I can't wait to be your husband, my Love," his rough morning voice sends chills down my body.

   I curl into him, kissing his hand, "I can't wait to be your wife." 

   His eyes darken, "We have a few hours till we have to leave." His voice is deep and full of lust as he gets on top of me, showering me with kisses.

***

   "Let me see it!" Angelina screams as she enters our dorm.

   I giggle holding out my hand to her. She screams again and exclaims, "I can't believe that twit didn't tell me! I would have loved to be there!"

   "It was just us and the Weasleys. I'm sure he would have told you if it wasn't during break."

   She scoffs, "Ha! He wouldn't have thought of me! But that's fine because we are going to party tonight." She takes a box out of her trunk, "Look at what I smuggled in!"

   Chocolate Liquor is written on the dark box. I open it and see the most appetizing pieces of candy. They are the special ones that just two pieces are like drinking a whole bottle of Firewhiskey.  I look up at her, "How did you get these in here?"  

   "I just snuck them in weirdo! No magic," she laughs, "It's not like they check our trunks."

   "I'm suppose to meet George later," I grimace.

   Angelina laughs again, "Girl! You have spent all break with him! Let your hair down and have some fun with your girlfriends! Katie should be here soon."

   I laugh, changing my hair into a long, black look. "Okay let's do this," I grin, popping a candy in my mouth and turning the record player on.

*

    I don't know how long we have been dancing and laughing, but it has been much needed. I fan myself and fall on the floor. Angelina shortly follows, our heads touching. We both can't stop laughing.

   The door banging open makes us both shoot up. Katie rushes in, "Y/n! You are in so much trouble lady!"

   I start to stutter as I see her serious face crack. She runs over to me, wrapping me in a hug, "I can't believe George asked you to marry him! I mean, I'm not surprised because you guys are made for each other, but still!"

   I squeeze her, "Thank you! It still feels unreal."

   She lets go, grabbing the box of chocolate, "Well, let's get this party started!"

  We finish off the box and just lay on the floor talking about our years at Hogwarts, all our crushes, and the drama that came with being friends. 

   "Remember that time you got pissed at me because I couldn't tell the Twins apart?" Angelina chortles. 

   I roll onto my stomach to look at her, "Oh my gosh yes! It's so easy to tell them apart! I don't understand how you guys can't! And the fact you were messing with George! I think I subconsciously knew back then I loved him."

   Katie snickers, "Girl, it was obvious to everyone BUT you!"

   I roll my eyes, "You guys could have told me! I might have listened!"

  They both howl, "No you wouldn't!"

  An explosion from downstairs brings us out of our conversation. We rush out the door and down the stairs to be greeted with George and Fred at the bottom arguing.

   I grab them both, "What is going on here?"

   George turns, his eyes full of rage, "Y/n! Where have you been? We were suppose to meet at the astronomy tower an hour ago! I thought you were at a De-" He quickly stops himself.

   My eyes fall, and I let go of his arm. I whisper, "Is it always going to be like this?"

   His arm engulf me, pulling me close, "I didn't mean it, Love."

  I pull away. I look up at Angelina and Katie, who have a look of total shock on their faces. I can feel the rage burn inside me. Through gritted teeth I say, "I was celebrating us getting engaged with my friends, who I don't get to see except in school. We were talking about how I have apparently always been in love with you, but was to oblivious to notice. I love you George, but I'm going to bed now."

   Angelina cheers, "Yea, Weasley! Suck it."

   Katie laughs, turning back, "Sorry boys, too much firewhiskey chocolate. But seriously George, get a grip. She can have other friends."

   Once back in the room I collapse on the bed. I grumble, "I'm just going to sleep. Thanks for the fun time."

   Katie grumbles, "What is his problem. You were just up with us."

   I sigh, knowing exactly what he was thinking. He thought I was at a Deatheater meeting and didn't tell him. I don't think he will ever think of anything else if I don't show up to something again.