Chapter 11: Painting the Town

Sunset

The soldiers couldn't find them as Ruby was now in disbelief at what she sees at Penny as Penny showed her hand with a metallic skin.

Ruby: Penny, I don't understand.

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an aura... I'm not real.

Penny frowns as she stares at her hands. Ruby looks at her and hold her hands.

Ruby: Of course you are... You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?

Penny: I don't... um... You're taking this extraordinary well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart l, and a soul! I can feel it! Plus... I'm sure Izuku would say the same thing about you.

Penny: Really?

Ruby: Yep! I'm sure that he will accept you for who you are!

As she said that, Penny embraces Ruby with a hug.

Penny: Oh Ruby! You're the best friend anyone could have!

Ruby: I could see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower.

Penny: Oh he's very sweet. My father's the one tht built me. I'm sure you would just love him!

Ruby: Wow, he built you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost. He had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The General? Wait, is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me too.

Ruby: They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet. One day it will be my job to save the world. But I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world and test myself in the tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace.

Penny: That's not what Mr. Ironwood said.

"Check down here!"

The two girls heard a voice, meaning the soldiers are now near. Both of them panicked as Penny found a dumpster.

Penny: You have to hide!

She said as she carries Ruby to the dumpster.

Ruby: Penny what are you doing?! You don't have to go with them. I can help you!

Ruby said as she was thrown in the dumpster by Penny.

Penny: It's okay Ruby. They're not bad people. I just don't want you to get in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone about my secret, okay?

Ruby: I promise.

Penny: You can tell Izuku since you said that he is willing to accept me...

Ruby: Okay.

She said as Penny closes the dumpster as the soldiers arrived.

"There she is!"

Penny: Sal-u-tations officers!

Soldier 1: Why were you running? And what happened to the other girl?

Penny: What girl? I've been by myself all day... *hiccup*