Chapter 8

Sugas pov 😳

After throwing the clothes Daichi got me on, I let my fingers run along the carefully placed bandage on my left arm. My mind feels fuzzy, almost like a blurry photo, I just don't know what to think right now. Am I sad? Surprisingly it's a no. But am I happy? I'm not sure either. Content works well enough for me.

I walk into the hallway leading to the front door with daichi behind me, carefully plotting all the things that we can do together today. A tinge of guilt fills my body.

Does he deserve this?

I open the front door and take a deep breath, Daichi does the same. It's a warm, but not too hot late morning.

"Hey, Ko, what do you wanna do today?" He says as he slings a buff arm around my neck and shoulders. I let out a loud hum and turn to him.

"Anything that doesn't involve too much thinking, just something simple and easy." He grins and takes my hand.

"I know just the place we can go!"

After walking a fair distance filled with mindless conversation about tomorrow's party and what to do with it, Daichi stops and lifts his nose up.

"Can you smell that?" He asks. I look around us, some people are sitting around benches and others are sitting by a small river. I shake my head no, honestly wondering where we are more than what I can smell. I turn to see his famous smile. "Follow me!"

After getting pulled softly by Daichi, and hiding my small blush at his childishness, we settle down at a shaded little two person table. Nearby was a small temporary shop, selling some delicious smelling foods. My stomach starts to drop, I really don't feel like eating, he's gonna know that I don't eat anything, he'll know and—

"Ko?"

My thoughts get cut off by a soft voice. I blink a couple of times and realise that my hands are shaking. I place them in my lap and look at Daichi, who called my name.

"Would you like some food? Or would you prefer a drink? They have coffee and tea and even bubble tea!" He exclaims excitedly. I ponder in my head for a second.

"Umm, just a coffee will be alright, I can pay for myself." I respond. He shakes his head and tuts at me.

"For one let me pay! It'll be my little treat, and a thank you of sorts." I rest my hands back on the table and feel my face warm. "So, a bubble tea and one coffee it is." He smiles and stands, saying he'll be back in a second. I watch him walk up to the person taking orders, he looks so happy and confident all the time.

I think about my feelings. I don't understand exactly how I started liking him, especially since I was never afraid to just kill myself in the first place. It doesn't make sense. Why fall in love if you're ready to fall out of everything?

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and wonder whether or not a relationship would be a good idea. I've always been slightly infatuated by Daichi. I suppose he was my first friend, even before we both met Asahi a little later it was never the same with him. My mind would constantly think of him... just Daichi, Daichi, Daichi. I think back to when I wrote in an old diary about how I just always thought he was so amazing. So talented, smart, funny, caring and witty, he seemed like the perfect boyfriend to a lucky girl out there.

"Hello? Are you in there? Am I talking to myself here?" I suddenly hear. My head snaps up and I look into his eyes. I quickly avert my gaze, and hear him laugh. God I love his laugh.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking." I say. I see him smile and grab my hand.

"Do you want to tell me what you were thinking about?" He asks. I feel my face get warmer and I stammer.