Chapter 3- ዚ⊕ᑶə

(Ivy's POV)

It's not easy knowing your best friend and crush have been kidnapped by an evil hacker. But life just got a whole lot harder when I was forced to come up with an excuse as to why neither of them showed up to school. I mean, come on! I was never a good liar.

But, what surprised me the most, was when Taylor casually sat down at my table during lunch, as if there hadn't been a mutual feeling of hatred towards each other for the past...I don't know, three to four years.

"Uh, excuse me, what are you doing?"

"Eating lunch. Duh."

I rolled my eyes at the girl. "I know  that. I mean why are you eating lunch at my table?"

"Because maybe I wanted to." Taylor replied defensively.

"Ok, what's up, Taylor?" I sighed, sitting down across from her.

Taylor immediately tensed up. "What are you talking about? Nothing's wrong. Maybe I just felt like sitting here today."

I rolled my eyes...again. "Oh be quiet. I know you too well. There's something on your mind."

Taylor scoffed. "You don't know anything about me."

"I literally used to be your best friend until you randomly started making fun of me in seventh grade." I deadpanned. "Trust me, I know you. Now tell me, why the heck did you decide to sit with someone you hate to the guts?"

Taylor muttered something that I didn't quite catch.

"What?"

"Because I thought you'd seem lonely!" Taylor exclaimed, taking me by surprise. She slumped in her seat. "You always seem so...I don't know...happy with Olivia and Jace. And with both of them being who-knows-where, because I find it highly unlikely that they're both sick with fevers, I didn't want you to feel how I feel."

Needless to say, I was speechless.

-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-

(Olivia's POV)

"So, what first?" I asked, standing in an empty chamber.

Jeffrey, who was in a small room in front of me, began typing things in. "Now, we'll begin the process."

'Ok, Olivia. You can do this. All you need to do is figure out what this guy is planning. Simple enough, right? Oh, why does it have to be me? '

"Ok, quick question- how long is this thing gonna take? And why exactly do you need superheroes on your side?"

Jeffrey only chuckled. "Superheroes? Oh, no. It's not them I need. Only the usage of their powers. I only wish to bring peace to the world, and what better way than having superheroes on my side to make that happen. I offered Skyrocket the job, but he refused. Such a shame. His powers were truly remarkable. But you, my dear, well...you'll be able to make entirely new worlds, beyond anything we could ever imagine. With you by our side, we'll be unstoppable."

'Well, that was easier than I thought. Now to figure out what any of that actually means.'

"But, no more time to delay. We must begin the process, while those pills I gave you are still in your system." Jeffrey pressed a button, and a strange navy blue gas filled the room I was in.