18 ➤ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

Chapter 18
"one year"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

time skip

- 1 year later

I snuggled my face in the crook of Akaashi's neck taking in his comforting scent. I felt him stretch his arms out and sit up a little.

"good morning baby" he said with his low raspy morning voice.

"good morning love." I groan.

I look up at him smiling down at me, "you know what today is right?"

"of course how would I forget." I smile and get out of my bed.

Today was our 1 year aniversary, one long year had passed we've had our ups and our downs but we went through it together. I was never happier before in my life.

"I'm excited to see what you got me." He walks over to my bathroom to brush his teeth.

"it's definitely better than yours." 

"impossible you'll love me even more after you see what I got." He rolls his eyes.

"we'll see about that." I punch him slightly.

"where are we going?" I furrow my brows.

"it's a surprise..just dress nicely but comfortable." he smiles

I nod and walk over to the bathroom and begin to take off my clothes to shower. Until the door knob opens to reveal Akaashi. I quickly cover myself with my arms.

"why are you covering yourself? you're acting like I haven't seen you naked already multiple times." He puts his hands on his hips

I roll my eyes, "it's different, it's embarrassing. What do you need?"

"I forgot my toothbrush in here and your body is perfect don't be embarrassed." He walks over to the counter to grab his things then kisses my cheek.

I smile and wait until he closes the door behind him to get in the shower. I get out and put on a short skirt with a tank top and some slight makeup.

I walk out and twirl in front of akaashi, "what do you think?"

"you're gorgeous" he stares at me in awe.

I smile and walk over to him and fix the collar of his button up shirt. "You're so pretty" I give him a light kiss on his lips.

he pulls me into another one which was starting to prolong, "keiji, it's gonna ruin my makeup." I let go.

"sorry I just had to, anyways let's get going." He tugs my hand and brings me outside.

We began to walk to wherever he was bringing me and the topic of conversation of college came up again. This was a usual topic for us to talk about especially since we were now 3rd years and in a couple of months we were graduating.

"I'm glad you decided to stay in Tokyo." He gives my hand a little squeeze.

"Of course I want to stick near you and kuroo, Kenma and bokuto." I smile.

"have you decided your major yet?" I furrow my brows, akaashi was indecisive of what he wanted he's always  been indecisive. I chose to major in teaching since I could really see myself teaching teens and kids.

"no I haven't but I may have an idea." He kisses the top of my head.

He leads me into a familiar area but I can't put my finger on it. "This looks awfully familiar keiji." I furrow my brows.

he points out to somewhere I turn my head to see the park where we had our first date. My heart skips a beat and instantly hug akaashi. "I love it so much."

"I'm glad you do and that's what this bag was." He lifts up the bag filled with food.

We went and sat down at the same exact place a year ago and talked about our futures. Marriage, college, kids it felt surreal. A year ago I was just Nekoma's manager who had a big crush on Fukurodani's setter.

"I wanna give you my gift!!" I exclaimed

"let's see." He smiles

I pull out from a bag a custom made volleyball jersey, with his name attached on the back and on the little sleeve my initials for good luck. I designed it with his favorite colors and everything.

His eyes widen and he formed a smile, "y/n I- I love it."

"you don't have to lie if you don't lik-"

"I love it especially since your initials are on here.
Y/n you're my good luck charm." He places a kiss on my lips.

"I love you." I smile

"I love you too now time for my gift." He smirks and takes out something that looks like a manga.

I furrow my eyebrows, "a manga?"

"not just any manga look inside."

I open it up to the first page where it says:

y/n and keiji

I flip through the pages and figure out that it's a manga of our love story. Everything was there when I first embarrassed myself in front of him, when we made the bet, the training camp, our first date, when I asked him out and all of what we've been through so far.

Tears were filling up my eyes with joy, this was the best gift anybody has ever gotten for me. As I was continue to read which was the chapter of our first anniversary , he closed the book.

I look up to him with watery eyes and blurry vision, "I- I want to finish reading."

He smiled and pulled me closer, "the rest is what I plan on doing in the future, I know how much you hate manga readers who spoil."

"this was the best thing I've ever gotten I love you more than you know." I cry into his shoulder.

"so you admit my gift was better?" He chuckles.

"I'm not admiting anything." I laughed

"so i was thinking that I want to maybe work with shonen manga in the future."

I instantly look up to him, "yes you're so talented keiji, this is for you." I kiss his cheek.

"you think I'm good enough?"

"absolutely." I smile

He stares at me up and down, "stop smiling like that because I swear I'll get you pregn-"

"KEIJI!"

Authors note

I hope you all enjoyed this story!! I'll maybe do bonus chapters once in a while but this is the end for now :( I'll be focusing now on my suna story from now on so I hope to see y'all there 😃😃

thank you for reading!

-kageyamasmilkmaidd/kat