Peter

We arrive at the edge. I look down and see the river; hundreds of feet down below us.

Susan chuckles and says, "You see, when soil—"

I cut her off angrily and say, "Oh shut up."

I look back, and see Lizzy crossing her arms across her chest and Trumpkin holding in his laughter. I sigh and say, "Well, I wasn't lost."

Lizzy rolls her eyes and looks away as Trumpkin says, "We can cross the river in Beruna so...who would like to swim?"

I roll my eyes as I hear Susan say, "Well, it's better than walking."

We start to walk away when I hear a gasp and Lucy's voice. "Aslan? It's Aslan over their!" I look at her direction, but didn't see anything as she says, "Don't you see him? He's...right there..."

Her smile fades as I say, "Lucy. I am pretty sure there are many lions around this part of the woods."

She gives me a glare and says, "I know Aslan when I see him."

Then Trumpkin says, "Listen. I'm not going to jump for someone who doesn't even exist."

I sigh and say, "Why didn't I see him then?"

She looks at me and says, "You probably weren't looking."

I look at her, ready to respond, but Ed steps in. "When I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid."

Lucy smiles at him thankfully which he returns with a nod. I look at Lizzy as she still stands firm and tall with her arms crossed.

I look back at where Lucy said she saw Aslan. I sigh and say, "I'm sorry, Lu."

I walk away with Susan behind me. We arrive at Beruna river, but only to find many Telmarine soldiers creating a bridge on top of the river to cross. I see Lizzy grip her bow harder; making her knuckles purple. I softly touch her hand. She looks up at me and pulls away with anger as she turns and leaves. I immediately regret what I said to her. 

We arrived back at the river rush. I look at Lucy that is looking out where she saw Aslan. I step up and say, "Where did you think you saw Aslan?"

She gives me a glare and says, "I wish you would all stop being grown ups. I didn't think I saw him. I did." I look at her as she says, "Right over—"

Then the ground below her breaks and falls as Susan screams, "Lucy!"

I run after her and see her sitting on a path to go down. She looks up at all of us and says, "Here."

We go down the path as Lucy and Trumpkin are in front crossing the bridge. I am in the back with Lizzy in front of me. I see her almost fall, but I quickly grab her and steady her as my eyes lock with hers. Just for a moment.

She gets out of my hold angrily and says, "I'm fine."

We see that the sky turned dark, so we decide to set up camp in the woods near the river. Trumpkin brings wood and starts a fire. Susan, Lucy, Ed, and Trumpkin fall asleep instantly due to their sore feet.

Lizzy is across from me on the other side of the fire. I look at her as she is staring at the flames, making her beautiful face look more visible in this dark night.

I suddenly say, "I'm sorry." She looks at me and nods with no expression. I sigh and say, "Lizzy, please talk to me. I miss your voice. I miss you...."

She looks at me and says, "Peter, I am not the same Lizzy from the golden days. I've changed just as all Narnia has."

I suddenly feel sadness for her. She changed because she was alone. I turned her into this. She looks back at the fire as I say with a slight chuckle, "Remember when we first talked?" She doesn't look at me but I can still see her eyes sparkle; remembering the memories. I smile and say, "It was something like this. Everyone was asleep and you kept calling me your majesty...so I told you to just call me Peter, and then I insisted you to rest. But you were stubborn and you didn't." She gives me a small smile but still staring at the fire and doesn't respond so I continue. "That's what made me fall in love with you..." 

She looks up at me and says, "You should rest."

I look at her with sadness and guilt as I say, "I didn't want to leave you Lizzy—" 

She cuts me off and says, "But you did."

I look at her and see tears in her eyes as she looks back down at the fire. I get up and sit next to her as I grab her hand. "Lizzy. I didn't stop loving you just because I left. Anyways...I promised you I would be back."

She takes her hands from mine as she says, "Peter, I lost hope of everything of Aslan, Narnia, myself, and...you. When I saw you, I just didn't feel any difference."

I look at her shocked. She has changed from a hopeful loving girl to a cold hearted girl. Maybe she feels that way for herself, but I still have hope for her. I put my hands to the side of her cheeks to make her face me.

I look at her as tears form in her eyes. I lean in and kiss her lips softly; filled with love and passion. Her heart is probably cold, but her lips are still warm and soft.

I pull away and lean my forehead to hers as I say, "I will never lose hope in you, Lizzy. I will always love you and trust me, that is unchangeable."

She smiles at me and leans in to kiss me again. Before our lips meet she whispers, "I love you, your majesty."

I smile at her as I pull her from the waist and kiss her; not wanting to let her go ever. We pull apart for a breath but with our hearts still connected.

I smile and say, " We should rest." She nods at me as she lays next to me, snuggling into my chest. I hold her close, putting an arm around her and kissing her temple as I whisper, "Goodnight, my love."

I can see her smile as she says, "Goodnight, soulmate." I chuckle at this as I start to hear her soft breathing. 

I look up at the bright stars as I thank Aslan for letting us be together once again. I feel heaviness of sleep take over me as I close my eyes and fall asleep with the love of my life next to me. At last...