Elizabeth

Peter speaks up making me get out of my thoughts as he says, "We'll go."

He lets go of my hand. My heart shatters without feeling his warmth on my hand. My eyes start to water as Edmund says, "We will?"
Peter looks at his brother and sadly says, "Come on. Our time is up. Plus.." He walks up to my brother and hands him his sword and says, "They don't need us here anymore."

My brother looks at me with determination and says to Peter, "I will hold on to it till your return."

Susan steps in and sadly says, "That's just it. We're not coming back."

My brother looks at her with wide eyes, wishing he had more time with her. I knew he felt something for Susan. He just never admitted it and now his time is up.

Lucy looks at Aslan and curiously asks, "But why? Did we do something wrong?"

Aslan chuckles and says, "At the contrary, you and your siblings have learned so much about Narnia. It is time you go back and learn from your world."

I stand there in shock; wishing this was all a dream but sadly I know it isn't. Peter walks up to Lucy and says, "I know this is hard, but you'll understand. One day."

He smiles at her as she gives him a small smile back. They go up to every one of the Narnians that fought by their side during the war. Aslan looks at me sadly as I realize tears streaming down my cheeks.

I look down, but suddenly feel a hand grab my chin and raise my head gently. I see Peter in front of me with tears in his eyes. Aslan told him what will happen once they return.

Peter looks at me and says, "Lizzy I don't understand, why did you say yes to marry me if I am going to forget you?"

I let more tears fall as I say, "Because I wanted to live the moment. I wanted something to remind me of our love even though...you won't."

I choke on these words as I see tears streaming down Peter's face. He sighs and says, "Lizzy. Listen to me." He cups both my cheeks as he makes me look at him and says, "I promise you, I will not forget you, Lizzy."

I start to sob as I say, "Peter, don't make promises you can't keep...."

He smiles and says, "Fine. Then I promise you that we will meet again and we'll fall in love all over again." He kisses my forehead as we both quietly cry, not wanting to let go of each other. 

He then lets go as Aslan nods at him to go. Peter's siblings are in front as Peter is in the back. I see his siblings disappear as Peter turns around and looks at me.

He runs to me and kisses me passionately. One last time. We pull away as he looks at me and whispers, "I love you, Lizzy."

I smile at him and say,"I love you more...your majesty."

He chuckles at me as he turns and walks through the tree and disappears. He disappears completely.... 

I start to sob as my brother comes and holds me close into a hug. I hug him back and say, "I love you, brother."

He smiles at me and says, "Love you too, sister. I'm glad I met you and thank you for everything."

I hug him and say in a whisper, "Goodbye...."

He pulls away and with sad eyes says,"Goodbye. I'll tell Aslan to keep me updated of you. I promise."

I nod at him and turn to Aslan. He smiles at me and says, "I will give you the knowledge and understanding of how it works on the other world. Goodbye, Elizabeth....you will not be forgotten."

I go and hug Aslan as I cry into him. I pull away and nod as I start to the tree. Before I cross the other side, I turn around and smile at my brother and say, "You'll be an excellent king. I love you, brother."

He winks at me as I smile at him and walk through the hole. I arrive at Peter's world and look around to notice I am at a train station. I then see Susan, Edmund, and Lucy sitting on a bench but not Peter.

I look around until I spot him flirting with a girl from his age. I quickly look away as tears form in my eyes, but I know I have to get used to the idea of this new Peter. Not the Peter that got on one knee for me.

I play with the wedding ring on my finger he gave me when he proposed. A train suddenly stops in front of me as I see the Pevenises get on. I quickly get on as well.

The train starts as I hear a roar of Aslan. 

My new journey starts today.