Chapter 2.

Into the friendship.

A few months, almost 6, into working at the BAU and Emily had made friends, with Morgan and Penelope, but her closest friend so far being JJ. She's been there for Emily since the start, she was at the hospital after the first assignment and she's been there constantly ever since. They hung out whenever they weren't working, and honestly, it was the best thing to ever happen to Emily. No matter how much she said she wouldn't be getting attached to anyone at the Behavioural Analysis Unit, she was most definitely attached to JJ. More then attached.

Emily's mind.

"I've got to tell her, c'mon Emily you can do this." Pep talks in the mirror, cliche but necessary at this moment. The mirrors in the bar's bathroom were probably not the place to give yourself a talk, nothing good ever happens after coming out a bar bathroom.
"Hey, Em are you coming? We are ordering another round." I could hear her voice. Muffled by music yet distinctive ; it was a voice like no others. Angelic. That's how you can tell if someone's truly perfect. The small things. You can see past all the minor flaws they have because when you're so deep in love, that it consumes you, your mind becomes a cloud of fog, and you're just fighting for your life to be able to get past the fog. It's takes over your whole body and you would do anything for that person, whether it meant risking your life. Emily already did that the first day they met.
"Yeah, I'll be there in a second. Can we talk later?" I said nervously.
"Yeah, sure." The same tone hit JJ's voice, but she seemed more worried then nervous, and with that she turned around and the sound of the hard oak door shocked waves through the room.

"Emily, are you listening?" She could hear Reid, in the distance and muffled, but she really didn't want to fall out of this trance. Desperate even. It wasn't until he shook her shoulder slightly that she realised she was in the conference room once again, and everyone was staring wide-eyed at her. Everyone except JJ. She couldn't even bare to look at Emily, anymore.
"Yeah, sorry guys." It was a blunt reply but it held more emotion then displayed. And to the profilers in the room, it was obvious that Emily didn't seem like her usual self. It seemed like her world was crumbling around her. But that was just to the profilers in the room.

JJ's mind.

"JJ, hey, can we talk now?" Emily caught up to me as I was heading to the bar, ordering more drinks for the team.
"Yeah, what's up?"
"It needs to be said in a quieter place." Emily was hesitant to talk about the topic in the bar, especially around her friends.
"Then can we do it another time? Someone's just caught my eye." I said, trying to dodge the conversation and waving to the closest possible hot guy. I knew what she was going to say ; I've seen the signs and the team knows she's gay, but I'm still coming to terms with my sexuality and feelings towards her. I need to focus on myself before this conversation happens.
"Yeah. I'll text you later. I'm going to head out now. Bye."
"Bye Em." I wasn't really paying attention, I was more focused on making her leave. It sounds harsh but I need time.

"Em, wait up." JJ declared, as she walked over to Emily, lightly grabbing her wrist as she walked out of the round table room. "I wanna talk. We need to talk." She didn't sound impressed and it was noticeable to everyone exiting the room, as all their heads gyrated to look at the pair, and then back to the files they held in their hands.
"Jayje, I really don't think this is a good idea." She watched and waited until everyone scattered the room, first leaving was Hotch, as always, then Morgan and Reid, followed closely by Garcia. The team felt small now that Gideon was gone. Once everyone exited, Emily turned back around, pulled JJ in by her waist, kissing her passionately.

Emily could feel the communications liaison smiling into their kiss and as much as they were enjoying it, JJ pulled away slowly, trying to not break their cover. They still held each other in their arms tightly, as if it was the last time they would touch each other for a while. 
"You're a really good liar, better then me, do you know that?" Emily smirked, as she felt the taste of JJ's lips on hers once again. This time quick.
"Hmm, how so?"
"You can't even look at me in meetings, and yet all I do is stare."
They leaned in for another kiss, slowly crashing lips for a few seconds until they were interrupted by footsteps. Distinct footsteps of their team leader. They both backed away, trying to look as if they're still gathering their things.
"Girls, come on. We're going to be late." Aaron Hotchner said, walking past the door, barely paying attention to them, as he was on his way to his office to grab his go bag.
"Coming." They said in unison.
Emily came up behind JJ, whispering in her ear. "Hmm, I've heard you say that word before. In a different context though."
It sent shivers down JJ's spine, reminiscing about what had happened a few weeks ago.

JJ's mind.

I knew it was a mistake to do this but I had too. Three banging knocks hit the apartment door, followed by another three, continuously until the door swung open and the sounds of Emily's voice saying "What?" soothed my pounding headache. This night is a reminder to never drink alcohol again.

"Emily! You're still awake! Yay..." I could hear my words starting to slur as i leaned my aching body against the door frame, eventually stumbling forward, over my own two feet, due to my clusiness.

"Jayje, why are you here?" She didn't sound too impressed with me.

"I just really need to tell you something."

She invited me in, grasping my arm as I stumbled yet again. How I was going to tell her this and risk our entire friendship even though I knew she felt the same was mind-boggling to me, but it needed to be done.

"What's up? Why are you here at..." She checked her wrist, looking at the new looking silver watch. "...2:56 am? Have you slept?" Emily pointed me in the direction of the living room, as she walked into the kitchen. I sat myself down on the couch. It felt how you could imagine a cloud to feel ; just like a pillow.

"I don't want to sleep without you being there." And then I realised what I just said. My mind slipped. I thought out loud.

"What are you saying? I don't understand." She said as she sat down, next to me, a glass of ice cold water in her hand. I took a sip, hoping it would somehow get rid of the alcohol that floated on my breath, before I did this unimaginable thing. I leaned in, cupping the sides of her face, our lips striking together. She didn't hesitate to kiss me back. The kiss held emotion like no other. It was indescribable. Until it wasn't ; until it stopped. She leaned back, standing up.

"Em."

"Jayje, you're drunk. I'm not going to kiss you when you're this drunk."

"But my feelings for you are still as extreme when I'm sober. My mind is clear. Clear as day." I tried to sound convincing but me slurring my words didn't help my point. I stood up, lightly grappling her arm with one hand, cupping her face yet again with the other. "Emily, I want you."