Chapter 7.

Leave.

"You read the forms the doctor gave you, 3 days off work, 1 week desk duty and 2 weeks no sex. I'm not risking your health." JJ said as she opened the apartment door. She had already memorised the forms, the doctors gave the couple, on the plane, so she could use it to her advantage if Emily tried to push it, which she obviously would. "We've been back home for less then an hour and the whole car journey home I could see you wincing in pain as we went over speed bumps so I am with-holding sex." She added, in a more joking tone, although it wasn't a joke.

"But- Jayje, you-"

"Em, stop. I will not let you push your limits for you to end up back in hospital again, just for my pleasure and I won't do that either, as much as I want it." The door closed behind them, creating a loud echo in the almost empty apartment. Emily didn't like to have too many objects in her home, otherwise she'd become attached. Moving around a lot as a child gave her the idea, and it stuck.

"Fine but can we go to yours? It's more homey and I love it."

"Yes we can, before the plans tomorrow." JJ wasn't going to let her girlfriend's injury ruin plans. It was ruining JJ's life enough. The guilt was eating away at her. If she had just gone with the unsub, Emily wouldn't have been hurt. Obviously, she couldn't tell Emily.

The two talked their heads off for the rest of the night, packing things to take to JJ's for a while. It was unknown how long they'd be staying together and how long it would take for Derek or Garcia to bring it up in a conversation, but they were excited. Emily sat on the edge of the bed, whilst JJ ran in and out trying on things Emily had in her closest, making them both laugh until they were in stitches ; for Emily, it was quite literally. JJ was just glad her girlfriend was happy instead of being sad about not being able to work or have sex. Both valid reasons. The clock struck midnight and as much as they were having fun and laughing, they also needed to pack, leave and sleep before the sun came up again. They had the whole day but with JJ's secret day being pulled together, they won't have much of a day.

"Happy one month, my love." JJ said coming out of the closet, with a black pirate hat, an ankle length skirt and purple suede top on. She walked over to the bed and gently brushed the brunette's hair behind her ear, feeling the warmth radiating from Emily. She leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips, gradually becoming more heated. Emily's hand snaked round to the small of JJ's back, pushing her deeper into the kiss. It wasn't until one of Emily's hands snuck under the purple top, and unclipped JJ's bra, that JJ realised what she was doing and pulled away.

"Damn it." JJ's hand went around and re-clipped the bra, whilst laughing. "Smooth, Emily Prentiss, smooth, but no." All Emily did was roll her eyes mockingly at first.

"Fine." She had a pouty face on, until JJ gave her a quick kiss which suddenly turned it into a resisted half-smile. "Happy one month. I love you."

"I love you too." JJ replied followed by another small kiss.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The door shut behind them, leaving the almost empty apartment, even emptier. They made their way to the elevator with two medium bags packed, clicked the button and made it to the building's doorway, and eventually to the car. The way to JJ's was a blur to Emily, she stared out the window the entire time. It was so late she could see the sun beginning to rise. Somewhere between the 25 minute journey between the houses, Emily fell asleep, staring out of the window. JJ smiled at her girlfriend, as the idea of her, Emily and the start of a family all on a road trip. Emily is the only relationship JJ could see a real future with, with real kids and a real house and maybe even a real pet. She could see it all.

As she drove into the car park of her apartment, JJ gently nudged Emily until she started to stir awake. JJ opened her side's door, walked around to the back of the car and grabbed the bags, making her way round the car to the passengers side. She was welcomed by a very sleepy Emily Prentiss, barely able to keep her eyes open and walk in a straight line without falling over. Anyone would think she's drunk.

They made it up to the apartment, after a lot of struggle. Emily immediately flopped on the bed, later being joined by JJ after she put her girlfriend's bags down on the floor in the living room. The couple lay on top of the pillows and blankets in their grey sweats and matching FBI branded hoodies. It wasn't long until JJ was up again, heading to the master bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face from the now sweated-off makeup. It had been a long day.

Emily's half awake body rolled over, staring at where she thought JJ was, and put her arm across the bed to find an empty bed. It shocked her so much she shot wide awake, eyes searching around the room. She saw the bathroom door closed almost fully, with just a sliver of light shining through and onto the white walls. She let out a hefty breath after hearing the tap turn off, and saw JJ walk around the bathroom through the slight crack.

Emily dragged her comfy body off of the bed and over to the door, opening it slightly and adjusting to the light, drawing in the attention of the younger woman. "I'm sorry, Em, did I wake you up?" She said, sounding tired.

"No, I missed you," Emily said with a raspy voice as she walked in fully, eyes still slightly wincing at the harshness of the light coming from the wall mirror that they stood in front of. She stood behind her girlfriend, as her hands snaked around the petite waist, gently swaying to the sounds of the birds chirping in the early morning.

They stood in front of the mirror, admiring one another, before JJ turned around and grabbed her girlfriend's face lightly, pulling her into a soft kiss. It didn't last long but it was loving. They pulled away reluctantly, Emily's hands on JJ's lower back now. JJ's hands reached around for Emily's, as her other hand hit the lightswitches off, bringing her out of the bathroom and back to the dark bedroom. Emily found her antibiotics, that she had to take in case the bullet left infections, and mistakenly swallowed it without water. They each got in on one side, and met in the middle. Emily's hands wrap around the blonde's waist and their fingers interlock, as she kisses the side of JJ's neck, leaving small, delicate marks. Their body temperatures eventually spread across the covers creating what seemed like an exclusive sanctuary. It was a bubble for just the two of them, for the next three days of Emily's leave.

It was pure bliss. For now.