Chapter 3.

The plane.

Emily seemed empty. Her face was relaxed yet also scrunched, eyes blank, and lips slightly pouting. She looked as if she just got slapped. Derek stood up from his usual seat on the jet, walking past all the team, 2 of which were asleep and 1 indulged in the case files. The only people awake were Hotch, Emily and Derek. You figure it out.

"This seat taken?" Derek said in a sarcastic tone, sitting opposite her before she could reply.

"What's up?" She smiled. That's a first in a while. Her mood changed. As if it was an act.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, but I guess you're okay?" Slightly taken back by the mood change, he noticed her face drop again after mentioning it.

"Yeah, no I'm fine."

"It's an act. Give it up. Why are you acting sad?"

"Ooh, worlds best profilers finally figure it out. How long has it been? Three weeks maybe?" She laughed as she watched Derek's face go from concerned to scared to nervous to all the other emotions you could possibly think of within the span of less then 3 seconds. "Hmm, maybe I should be an actor if I can fool a whole team who work for the FBI for weeks on end."

"Why fake? What are you hiding Miss Emily Prentiss?" He leaned closer, elbows on the table, holding up his face acting as if he was a teenage girl at a sleepover, talking about boys. It sure did earn a chuckle from Emily.

"Nothing. I'm okay. I'm perfect to be honest." She spun her head around, looking at JJ who was so asleep that the jet could crash and she wouldn't wake up. Only a few things could wake her up, and only one would make her happy.

Emily's mind.

Sweet, gentle kisses trailed down from the back of JJ's neck, down to her arm, all the way to her hand. Starting from the first kiss, down to the last, JJ finished stirring awake, doting the moment her and I were having. She placed her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers until they locked perfectly in place, as if our hands were made for each other. The sun from my floor-to-ceiling apartment windows hit her face so elegantly. She looked peaceful, just being in the embrace.
"Hmm goodmorning." She said, as she finally turned around. I got to see that beautiful face of hers once again. I wasn't dreaming.
"Hi, there." I placed a small kiss on her lips, but before I could pull away, her hand reached around, grabbing the back of my neck, pulling me in deeper. My hand snaked around her body, just as it did the night before, sending shivers throughout her body. A small moan gathered in her, eventually being released into the kiss. As much as I enjoyed the moment, I knew I had to breathe, and pulled away slowly. "We probably shouldn't have slept together last night."
"Probably." She kissed me again, light. "It was good though." We simultaneously chuckled.
"Very."

"Oh my god, girl, you did not." Derek gasped, bringing Emily back into reality. She soon realised she was gazing at her perfect girlfriend. 'Girlfriend', wow. Emily never realised they were an actual couple. Finally.

"What?" Sorry I wasn't listening, I was-"

He cut her off. "Staring at JJ, yeah I can tell. You like her?"

"Keep it to yourself but we are together. A few weeks now." She smiled, turning her head towards her yet again. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep.

"Oooh, JJ and Emily, sitting in a- ouch!" A thump could be heard across the jet of Emily's foot hitting Derek's shin. He bent down rubbing it, trying to regain some feeling. "Oh, I'm going to have a bruise now, no thanks to you."

"Oh shut up your whining, you big baby, and just overall shut up, No one except you knows, and Hotch is still awake and holds the ears of an eagle. Be quiet." She wasn't playing around. The team know about Emily being gay, but JJ was still extremely confused. She liked Emily, and that's all there was to it. Who needs labels anyways?

"My lips, sealed. I promise." He got up, nodded slowly, and she reciprocated, as he wondered back to his seat and put in his headphones. She turned her head back over to the very sleepy Jennifer Jareau, admiring her from a far. She looked peaceful, with the clouds behind her, through her window, and the morning light crashing on her face through mine. It was a perfect combination.

Emily's mind.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. JJ's alarm sounded throughout the apartment, interrupting the moment they were having. JJ on top of Emily's legs, leaning down kissing her neck, and leaving a mixture of red and purple marks, yet to fully develop.
"Arghh, turn it off." I said, groaning into the kiss. I felt her laugh, separated and spun around to grab her phone off of the coffee table in front of me.
"Come on, we have to get up and ready now." JJ said, whilst slapping me knee lightly. She went to get up, but i grabbed the side of her face pulling her back in to closer proximity ; very close. Our lips collided, and suddenly we were back to how we were five minutes ago. In perfection.

Once Emily realised she was staring aimlessly, at where JJ had been sleeping, she noticed a not so sleeping JJ. She actually saw no JJ. They were on a jet in the middle of the sky, so it's not like she wondered out of the door and jumped off, although Emily wouldn't put it past her. Where she was was currently unknown to Emily, that is until she turned to face the seat opposite her. There sat the irresistible Jennifer Jareau, in all her mighty, but now she was the one that was staring. She was also amidst a slight laughter.
"Hey, don't be mean. You're a bully." Emily said, pulling a pouting face, this time sarcastically but enough to make JJ feel bad.

"Okay, come here. I'll move over to the next seat." JJ said in return patting the seat, trying to cheer her girlfriend up. Emily scooted over to the seat opposite hers, right next to the isle, the seats at the back of the plane, with their backs to the team. Emily joined her on that side, resulting in JJ leaning against her shoulder. They interlocked fingers, and JJ ran her thumb up and down the back of the Emily's hand. They sat there, in silence. Not awkward silence, it was comfortable silence that just reminded them that with this job, anything can happen and they can't take life for granted.

"Hey, so Morgan knows about us now." Emily whispered to JJ, resulting in a confused look shooting up to her girlfriend. The type of look that says "What? How? Why? When? Huh?'. Emily knew that look too well at this point in the relationship, and it had only been a few weeks. "Yeah, I know they weren't supposed to know yet but we work with profilers everyday, and I wasn't very cautious about it, and he caught me staring at you I did make him promise to be quiet about it." All of that came out in one long breathe, still whispered but her voice progressively got higher pitched as she continued. She went to speak again but was cut off.

"It's okay. I love you." JJ said, still trying to keep quiet. She just said that. She just said 'I love you'. Well that's new. "I don't expect you to reply." Her words sounded sad but the way she spoke them was the opposite. Confident with a gleaming smile.

"I love you too."

They were met with a kiss, quick but the passion it held was extraordinary, and would most definitely be expressed deeper : sooner or later.