1_ the letter

"Please stay," a voice whispered, almost too faint to hear it.

The simple words swayed with the slight breeze, the cold kind that chilled you to the bone.

The kind that conveyed power through quiet, manipulative ways.

Edeline Koldings then awoke from her sleep, with the sun beaming into her room on this early summer morning.

Suddenly she realized what day it was, and completely forgot about the dream she just had.

"Today's my birthday!" She shouted.

It was August 2nd, one of her favorite days of the entire year.

She sprinted downstairs where her mom, dad, and brothers were waiting for her, smiling.

Edeline had a very loving family, and was always grateful for it, even if she didn't always get along with her six year old brother, Kai. On the other hand, she absolutely loved being an older, caring sister to her other brother, Leo, who was only two at the time.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!" Her mother, Indie, beamed as she held Leo in her arms.

"Happy Birthday Ed!" Kai yelled as he ran to give her a big hug. Edeline loved her name, but always went by Ed, liking the fact that people gave her a nickname.

She immediately opened her presents, containing mostly blankets and stuffed animals, her favorite things.

Shortly after Mrs. Koldings made her favorite breakfast- waffles and hot chocolate. The whole family stuffed their faces with the delicious meal, feeling very full afterwards.

Midday consisted of playful family time, but what Ed was looking forward to most was going to her Grandma's house for dinner. Her family, her aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents celebrated every year, making it a family tradition.

Too soon, it was time to head back home. Ed, Kai, and Leo were exhausted, but when Ed opened the door to her home, something came to her surprise.

"Mom, who's this letter from?" Ed asked curiously as she reached for the mysterious letter on the counter.

"Well," Mrs. Koldings started as she glanced at Mr. Koldings, "There's something your dad and I have to tell you. Come sit down."

Ed was very confused, what in the world would her parents have to tell her? She obeyed as she kept the letter clutched in her hands, not daring to look at it quite yet.

"Do you remember the stories I used to tell you when you were younger?" Mrs. Koldings asked.

"Yeah, they're my favorites," Ed responded.

Mrs. Koldings smiled.

"Sweetheart, that in your hand is your Wizarding school letter," she said.

"My WHAT?!" Ed shouted, thinking her parents were crazy.

"I know you've always believed in magic, and you were right about that," Mrs. Koldings continued when she saw the shocked look on Ed's face.

"Because it's real. All the stories I told you were from when I went to Hogwarts in Scotland. I thought you wouldn't freak out if I told you through stories, but I guess that didn't really work out," she chuckled.

Ed did too, a little more convinced that her parents were telling her the truth than before.

"Here, let me see the letter," said Mr. Koldings as he reached out. Mrs. Koldings, who was sitting next to him, leaned over to take a look for herself.

"Oh, I see," Ed's mom said. "There are different Wizarding schools, and it says you won't be attending the one I went to, since the American one is closer."