Raven & Writing Desk/Y/N's Arrival

//TW: Implied Unstable or otherwise Abusive/Verbally Abusive Household

Prisoner's POV:
The morning crept in after a rough night against Burke, when suddenly we get a notice for another match. "This isn't right, is it?" I ask Aesop. He scans the notice and groans impatiently. "No no nooo, I'm not in the mood for this," he complains, "When this happens, we have to repeat the team setup. We can go back to the manor until dark comes again, but because we need the sleep in between, we won't have time to make a new plan". He smooths his hair back and sighs, "Let's hope last night's group will suffice for this hunter, too".
"Oh man, I'm sorry. You did a lot today. Anything I could help you with when we get back?" I volunteered. "No, but thanks. People- er, living people aren't exactly my thing. It's nothing against you though, even Lucky could tell you that much". Aesop starts walking up to the manor. I try catching up with the others, that being Emma and Helena this time around. I walk silently so as not to interrupt their conversation. "...not really that difficult to grow, but you'll definitely need help finding the seeds. Maybe we'll find some the next time we're in the farm fields map?" said Helena. "Maybe? But I was considering asking the group if someone could stand in for me for a week or so. There's an anniversary coming up and it's still not easy to think about... It wouldn't be fair to have you go looking for seeds for me, especially not with a hunter around," Emma responded.
"You're a sweet girl, Emma", Helena smiled, "Oh, do you need something hon?" She was directing it towards me. "Ah, my bad! Just wanted to mention the notice for tonight's match in case neither of you have heard it yet," I said. "I see then," said Helena, "This can't possibly be as bad as the four-night-fight at least. That went on forever. Poor Victor didn't know what to do with his legs anymore".
"It is a good way to break a postman though", Emma joked, Helena and I laughing with her. When we arrived at the manor, the sleeping period felt much shorter than we thought. I guess we should've expected as such. Some of us took turns guessing who the hunter would be while we were getting ready. When I appeared next to a camera, I was surprised. "From what I know, this is odd for him", I thought.

One cipher later, I was looking for another in a hidden corner. Somewhere even the photographer would struggle to find in the camera world. In a moment I did manage to find what I was looking for, but I immediately ended up with the photographer in his world. I never stepped into a projection though so... He must've put me here with him? "You're cornering me like this?", I inquired. "This is an awfully cheap way to do it. For you at least". He smiled for some reason, then took a step forward, leaving two glowing footprints behind. "You're absolutely right. I don't have a need for a trick like this. You're the clever prison boy I've been curious about. I'm Joseph. I discovered how to merge the living world with a world of memories and mirrored faces, but you already know that", his empty hand crossed his torso and he took a respectful bow. He even smiled again, but the hand behind his back tightened it's grip on the sword. Somehow I still get the feeling this is his version of loosening up. "'Joseph that invented soul cameras' does sound familiar. I believe I did some studies on your work" I said. He perked up, the smile gone out of confusion. "Oh- Really?" he asked. "Yes. As creeped out as I was at the time, I did really find it interesting. It was almost inspiring. The rumors of eyes looking back at people and the images shifting dramatically within short periods of time, I had to wonder how one device could contain so much". His confusion really started showing now, I think he was questioning whether or not I was being genuine. "You see, Count Joseph, before I was a 'prison boy', I was actually an aspiring inventor myself. Even though you only modified the camera's preexisting designs, it still baffled quite a bit of the inventing community" I said. This time his face was becoming slightly warm in tone. He cleared his throat, "That would explain your unique skill set and informal approach to problem solving. I should've figured as much", his voice was almost forcibly composed. I must've caught him off guard more than he did me. I notice the time running low on the camera world, I reciprocate his bow. "Forgive my informality, would you?" I spoke. The world returns to normal, and when his face seems warmer than before I run. "And don't blame yourself for what you don't know", I shout behind me.
The match ended off smoothly with only one person slightly hurt. Needless to say today was not a great day for Aesop. We all headed home and crashed before we could even eat the next meal. That was an... Odd day.