In Case You Don't Know

Y/N's POV:
  When we get to his bedroom, I can really feel my heart flutter. I know nothing has to happen just because we're sharing a bed, but it's fun knowing someone so sweet will be next to me all night (sporting one less article of clothing). There's wind beating against the side of the window, it brings me back down to earth. "Hey," Luca chimes, "it'll be okay. You get nice and cozy, I'm gonna prep myself for bed. Do you need any extra blankets?" He asks me while unbuttoning his shirt with one hand. I feel myself wanting to blush but I'm mostly impressed, he's so damn speedy. "I'm not used to sharing a bed, so I assume I'll be just warm enough. Thank you though", I reply. I shift myself under the covers, facing the window and all it beholds. There's the dust and smudging of an attempt to fully clean it, the trees blowing like a running horse's mane outside, faint glowing of stars that are actually quite visible considering the state of the glass. I don't actively take a sneak peak but Luca walks over to the window while he strips the shirt, just in my line of view. Since there's no reason to look away, I don't. The bandages that were visible around his neck and collarbone area seem to go only as far as angled downwards below his chest, no bandages make it onto his shoulders either. There's a scar on his arm where his sleeve bandage wrap was, his hair comes out yet again, his mind goes back to the face he makes when he's thinking. He zones out on the window for a while, his expression goes from confused to frustrated, to upset then scared. Suddenly his eyes go wide before he falls to his knees. "Shit," he yelps quietly, "Can't think about that right now".
"Are you alright?", I got up to a sitting position, "I'm here". He insists he's fine but I give him the rest of our water anyways after helping him into the bed. I get in on my side and pull the covers up on his. "Thank you, I didn't mean to worry you", he says. "This night I fear you've done more for me then I have for you". I place a hand on his upper arm, "Never. You've helped me much more than you realized tonight. However, if there's anything you wanna talk about I'm here. Or if you need some way to cope". His eyes became soft and romantic. He placed a gentle hand on my head, I fell asleep much faster than I anticipated.
The next day, Luca was still sound asleep in that same position, maybe his limbs moved a bit. My eyes opened sleepily to his face being not far from mine at all. This wasn't the jarring part. In my sleep, my hand moved from his arm down to his chest. I wanted to move it without waking him, but his harm was laying on mine. Stuck, pleasantly stuck, I lay there, helpless. Considering falling back asleep, I start thinking of what he said last night. His history, that I should value myself, his faith in everyone here. I reflected on where I came from and where I might've thought I was going. Something inside me is whispering, "It's okay not to have all the answers". I can hear Luca's light morning moans as he wakes. His eyes flitter open, he smiles. "Morning, Y/N. I hope you slept well?"
"I slept perfect", I said. "You?" He still hasn't noticed my hand on his chest, based on the fact that he squished it closer with his arms. Of course, I blush. Yawning, he said, "I believe that's the best sleep I've had since being here. Probably ever, actually". His face looked towards mine, he didn't seem to mind how close we were. "Want me to cook you up something?"

Prisoner's POV:
  Two hours after breakfast I decided I needed to talk. Y/N has been extremely sweet, poor thing has been through so much. I let them know I'd probably be away for a meeting or so, then I'd come back if they wished. They were understanding, I gave them a hug. Their smile was bright today. Something about them has made my stomach feel funny today but in a good way, I smiled back and tucked my hair behind my ear, walking off. I located Lucky in the library/study, he was making notes based on the meeting prior. "Hey Luck," I said, "if you're available at all today, I was hoping I could talk to you about something odd. It's something I don't want to risk forgetting and it's pretty important". Lucky's welcoming smile turned to a face of worry. "That's out of the ordinary for you? I always have time for you, bud. I don't have too much happening today anyways, Emily took charge of today's meeting, I played secretary". He positioned himself to face the chair beside him as I took a seat. I started out straight forward, "The other day, or I guess a week ago now, remember the double match I had?". He nodded. "Well," I continued, "we were up against the photographer, Joseph. He wanted to talk to me. He wasn't hostile towards me the entire game, but he cornered me in the camera world to ensure our conversation stay between the two of us". Lucky's hand covered his mouth in disbelief, "What the hell- are you okay? What was he like then?" It took me a moment to think of the phrasing. "Um... His voice was deeper than I thought it'd be? There was more humanity to him than what I expected for a camera-ghost-man. The hunters never really show much interest in us, right? Do you have any idea as to what he was thinking?" I ask. He itched his head, thinking through anything that might correlate. He started with a low tone, "When I first met him, he presented himself as a puppeteer of fear and souls. He's definitely a sore loser, but when he gets his way he starts getting more detailed with his strategy. He likes the idea of topping whatever made him win before. Joseph can be like a sickness overcoming a cure each time it improves, he likes when things get layered, for the better on his end usually. He does like attention though". Lucky paused, then started again, "If he ever saw a threat to that cycle I could see him wanting to stop it. Or watch it develop. How many times have you faced him now?".
"Three, including this past encounter". Lucky starts measuring time in his head, I do my best to look back on how I've changed since being here. "You've caught his attention," Lucky states, "that's a fact we know now. From now on, when you go out there, pay attention to the hunter's ready status before every match. If the hunter is already set before you get there, don't worry as much. If they aren't ready until after you arrive, be careful. We have to keep an eye out until we understand what's going on". He starts writing vigorously in his notes. Part of me feels guilty for some reason, perhaps I'm blaming myself for adding stress to his day. "One more thing," I look up at him again, this time he's smiling, "When Y/N's turn comes up, would you mind helping them with their first round? I could barely help you with yours, but this time I think you'd be better to lead the newbie" he winks. I laugh and agree, we stand up to plan when that day should come. "I was thinking maybe a week from now? Unless that's too soon, I'm not sure how long they'll need in order to settle in", Lucky admits. "I could ask them, if you think that would help?" I suggest. He nods, and we walk to the main hall.