Introduction

A war broke out many years ago, and during the end of the war nuclear bombs went off. Many people were killed from the war itself, many were killed from the blasts, many got sick from the radiation, and slowly over time the human populations stood on a thin line of survival. That was before the two new species of humans were born, children of the new generation started to develop interesting traits and abilities. Many of these traits were physical, such as wings, or scales, some even could bend fire to their will. At first people thought that this could be a saving grace to the human race, but that wasn't as true when the second abilities made a present. The mental abilities, these abilities were deadly and very powerful. Mind control, illusions, anything that the mind could make becoming real. Upon further inspection, it was claimed that people who held such abilities were missing a piece of nerves in the brain, ones that could detect happiness, love, hope. And was instead replaced with corruption instincts .  

This is what created The Game, this is what started the Hunter's and the Speed-runners. To keep the population of the mental abilities down, governments all over the globe came together and decided to make it a law that every child that turned ten years old must be tested on what they are, a physical ability or mental ability, before their powers fully develop at the age of sixteen. When a child is tested to be a mental, they are killed on the spot.

People were furious.

They wanted the kids to have a chance to survive, so this is when The Game was made. Kids with physical abilities were given the title Hunters, and the mental ones were given the titles Speed-runners. Speed-runners are forced away from civilizations, and forced into the brutal wilderness that isn't the same after the radiation. There they must try to survive, but seeing as deadly they are, the government also decided that The Hunters jobs are to track and kill as many Speed-runners as possible. The more kills they make, the more grand their life will be.

This was years and years ago, today The Game is viewed almost as a religion that everyone is bound to do. Every Hunters dream is to get to the top rank, to be known all over as the best, to destroy the Speed-Runners.

Every Speed-Runner dream is to see a next day, to become stronger, and to bring the world to flames.

The world is split into two, the Hunters and the Speed-runners, and it's time for the Game to change.