~10~

•TESLA•

The office receptionist was on vacation for the week, which meant I had to sit in the waiting room alone with Benji until the principal was done in a meeting.  perfect. 

"I really hate you, and I mean that."  I stated as I sat a seat away from him with my arms crossed. 

"Glad were on the same page."  Benji retorted.  "Just stay away from me and we won't have any problems." 

I let out a fake laugh.  He wanted me to stay away from him?  He was the one who had been tormenting me every chance he got, and for no reason at that.  I have done nothing to him.  Just because Sebastian's dad bought his dads shop out, doesn't mean he gets to take it out on me. 

"You know what?  No."  I began to get angry again as I turned to face him, ready to deliver an empty threat.  "You stay the hell away from me and my friends, or you won't like what will happen." 

I watched as his forest green eyes bored into mine, trying to read me.  He didn't wear any kind of expression, other than annoyance.  The corner of his lip tugged up into smirk.  What was funny? 

"What are you gonna do, buy me?"  Benji scoffed as he slid into the chair beside me.  "Money doesn't get you everything, princess."

"Like you'd know." I shrugged, throwing a lame insult back at him.  It was obvious I was no good at this, but I didn't care, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of winning this argument. 

I suddenly became very annoyed by the fact that he was looking at me.  I couldn't stand him. 

"Stop fucking staring at me!" I shouted loud enough to get my point across, without disturbing the principal. 

"Or what?" He got closer this time, no sense of emotion on his face at all as his minty breath filled my nostrils.  "You seem to be full of a lot of empty threats.  Just admit it, you're this popular little bitch that no one can stand, not even your friends."

"Excuse me?" I scrunched my brows, crossing my arms over my chest in a pouty manner.  "My father could buy your existence and leave you with nothing, I wouldn't mess with me."

Again, he laughed.  What was so funny about that?  Maybe he was just trying to hide the fact that he was afraid of the power I had over him due to my wealth.  People don't often test me like this, and when they do, I always win. 

I watched him closely as he began to move the upper half of his body closer to me, as if he was a cobra snake trying to intimidate me with size.  I'll admit, I felt nervous because I wasn't sure if he'd hit a girl or not, but I was definitely not intimidated. 

We exchanged eye contact as he inched closer to me, but not in the romantic or flirty way you'd probably imagined, no.  He looked crazy.  I'd never seen someone keep such an expressionless composure while someone shot insults and threats at them.  What did he want?  Whatever it was, I refused to break the eye contact first, it'd show my weakness. 

"Lets get one thing straight."  Benji started, speaking in a low husky voice so the principal couldn't hear him in the other room.  "You are no one.  I don't care how much money your daddy has, or how powerful or whatever you think you are.  You are careless and annoying.  You have no compassion or empathy.  You have the personality of a slug and the looks of my 90 year old grandmother.  You shit on your own heritage and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know a single thing about Mexico."

"I shit on my heritage?"  I interrupted him.  What the hell was that supposed to mean? 

I was quickly silence by him placing his index finger over my lips, indicating I needed to be quiet, which only angered me even more. 

"I wasn't done."  He continued after removing his finger, trying to maintain eye contact.  "I think that you are the lowest of low people in this world and it will probably stay that way because I really don't think you're capable of loving anyone but yourself.  And for this reason, I'm certain your stupid little college boyfriend cheats on you every single night.  But don't worry, because daddy will ruin him, right?  Don't think we can't all see behind this act you put on.  You're just like the rest of us; miserable, insecure, and angry.  And especially don't think we haven't noticed in all the years you've gone here that mommy and daddy really couldn't give two shits about you as long as you don't make them look bad.  Stop pretending your life is perfect.  So again, let me make myself very clear; stay the fuck away from me and my dad, or I swear to fucking God, I'll run your life to the fucking ground."

I felt speechless.  Tears threatened to spill from my eyes and my hands shook out of rage.  Who did he think I was?  I wanted so badly to give him a piece of my mind, but after being torn down like that, I wasn't even sure how.  Was he right?  He couldn't be.  My parents loved me and my life really was perfect.  I had money, what more could I need? 

"You're wrong."  Was all I was able to mutter out in a shaky voice as I tore my eyes away from his and roughly shoved him away by his shoulder. 

As Benji sunk back into his original seat, I began to count to myself for the millionth time, attempting to calm myself down. 

1... 2... 3... 4...

~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE
Hey everyone, thank you for reading and don't forget to leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed it😉

I feel like you haven't really had a taste of Benji up until now, so I enjoyed writing this chapter.  What do you think of him so far? 

Is he right about Tesla or she right about him? 🤔