Part 6: The end

SeongHwa stopped. His all wild expression was gone. Did that man say he thought SeongHwa as God?

SeongHwa remembered. When he lived with his aunt. She said God is Love. God does not judge humanly. If God judged humanly, all humans would end up in hell. That's what she used to say. Now SeongHwa knew what she meant. But why did he remember her words only now? Where they hidden in his heart all this time? Where they drawn in his thirst for governing? He held his breath and started counting.

"With the 5 I make all the realization, with the four I make all my regret, with the three I can see the whole creation, with the two from my blindfold free will be set. With the one I can love. All what numbers are used for."

That was his voice in his head. His Voice in his Heart. He got goosebumps.

- You didn't get this right. He told the man. I'm not a god. There's only one God. And He is Love. While I'm hate. You got one part right though. I'm not human.

SeongHwa walked to the him. The man closed his eyes waiting for something awful to happen again. But all SeongHwa's sarcasm and sadism had flew away. After a while of nothing happening, the .an opened his eyes. SeongHwa was looking at him. But it was another SeongHwa. A SeongHwa with innocent and sweet eyes. A SeongHwa with loving and caring face. He kneelled down and started untying him. When he finished, he talked.

- You can leave. He said. I can forgive you. Thank God that enlightened you and you said what you said today. You are saved because of Him. Don't ever mess with similar situations. I won't chase you but you will make yourself chased.
I'll turn around and count to three. You can disappear till then. I won't harm you. Go.

SeongHwa turned around and started counting. When he hot to three, he turned back and saw the empty space. The man's steps were still heard upstairs.

- Time to go home.

* * *

SeongHwa opened the door of his and MinGi's house. MinGi ran to him.

- What happened? He asked in anxiety.

SeongHwa smiled patiently.

- He is okay. He left. Everyone will be okay from now on. Finally, I can love...

MinGi blinked some times without believing. SeongHwa closed his eyes. He could finally love. Why was it so difficult in the start?

- Tell me something. He said. Why didn't you talk to me about God before?

MinGi realized. Because SeongHwa was saved. Everyone was saved. And everyone was loved. He hugged his friend.

- I am sorry. He said.

A tear fell on his cheek. They were both crying. Because God is Love. And everyone was loved.

🎉 You've finished reading Is it sharper in the dark? - Short Story Seonghwa Fanfiction 🎉