Chapter 13: Reaching out to him

Yamaguchi shows y/n to his house after being dripping wet from the rain. He guided y/n to the living room.

"Wait here let me get some towels and spare clothes," he said as he hurried up the stairs, he had noticed that y/n's clothes were being transparent. Y/N stood there wet wondering if it was okay that she was making a mess of the living room floor. Yamaguchi hurried and gave y/n a towel and clothes. 

"Here are the clothes the bathroom is at the right-hand corner," Yamaguchi said as he avoided looking at y/n and looked up the ceiling. Y/n wondered why he wouldn't face her until looked down at her cloth. "Oh," she thought and hurried to the bathroom. She chuckled at how respectful Yamaguchi was.  He's the only man she would feel ✨comfortable ✨being beside. 

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi tried his best to keep his apathetic facade, it was very hard when y/n showed such care to him. she was a heartbreaker, he sighed. He went to the nearest mirror and made sure he didn't look like a blushing mess. He had dated a lot of girls after y/n left, but all of them knew him as the punk bad boy, not the kind Yamaguchi y/n knew. It wasn't like he tried to hide it but most girls assumed he would be a bad boy by the way he looks. He went with it because he wanted to make the girls he dated happily. But he found out later that he didn't like hurting anyone or being the "bad" boy. It wasn't him. He stopped dating girls since he was tired of playing the role he was given and that the girls that dated him wanted him to be the smirk-ish bad boy who is only good to them... it was dumb he thought. But now he is actually trying to be some bad boy in front of y/n.  I'm such a dumbass he thought to himself. But it was hard to be real in front of y/n he thought he would get hurt again.

 But y/n, she really changed.

After y/n returned, it was a series of awkward interactions between them. Although Yamaguchi still decided to continue his slightly apathetic facade, y/n was happy that she could clear the misunderstanding between him and her.

Yamaguchi dropped y/n at her house. Since it was late at night and he didn't want some weirdo crawling up to y/n, he walked y/n to her front gate.

It was now or never y/n thought to herself. She had never gone out of her way to get anything. She just let everything happened to her as if she was outside the window, watching everyone as a passive observant. She never did anything for herself, but that was y/n of the past. She wanted to express herself even if she didn't know how. She wanted to let Yamaguchi know how much she loves him. It might have been years but she had never forgotten Yamaguchi even once. 

"Yamaguchi could you wait here please," y/n said as she hurried up the stairs. She opened her drawer and took out the letter she had written on the day she left school. The one that her mother had told her was utter trash. But she knew it wasn't, she knew that every word she wrote was filled with sincere emotions that she had never uttered before. But now she wanted to change all of that.

Yamaguchi wondered what she wanted him to wait for. Y/n returned with a letter in her hand. 

"I wanted to give this on the day I left school. But I was 'timid' hahaha... " y/n said with her awkward laughter. Yamaguchi started reading the letter and y/n could feel her cheeks growing hotter by the second. He completed reading the letter with a  surprised face and before he could speak, y/n hurried and said

"I know that I hurt you with those words but this letter has everything that I wanted to tell you and wants to tell you...

Yamaguchi, I have loved you, I love and will love you. 

I know this is fast and everything. I know you don't love me back that but please give me a chance to chase after you. Especially when I didn't that day. 

You are really precious, a precious person to me. And I know it's weird but you were one of the few people who saw me for who I was. And that meant so much to me. I couldn't tell you earlier because I'm afraid to face my own feelings. but I ask again,

will you let me

 make you fall for me?"

 y/n said with her heart on the edge of exploding from nervousness.

Yamaguchi looked at her like his brain stopped working, he couldn't imagine that y/n loved him the same way he did. But he was curious as to how he would make him fall in love with her. He collected his emotions back and chuckled at how adorable y/n was confessing. 

"Hmm well I don't know y/n... you really did hurt my feelings," Yamaguchi said teasingly as he clenched his heart like he was having a fake heart attack.

Y/n looked at him terrified as she lacked a sarcasm detector.

"I was joking calm your eyebrows. Well fine, but I don't fall for anyone easily. however, if you want to reach out to me, I'm not gonna stop you. but don't expect any special treatment" Yamaguchi said with a smirk-ish smile.

"Well I'll definitely reach out to you and expect special treatment," y/n said with her eyes sparkling joy and smile wide enough to reach the ends of her face.

A smile that set fire to Yamaguchi's heart. 

Y/n thought this was going to be a difficult task to make Mr.Punkboy fall for her but she wasn't going to give up.

Yamaguchi thought this was going to be easy for y/n if she kept approaching him in such an adorable manner and with that heartbreaker smile. I must protect her he thought to himself while chuckling.

author's note:

2 Dec 2020

The game has begun hehe

wow, I just posted my chapter, and yall gave me votes so fast, I can't believe people are reading this story, it makes me happy :))

long chapter because I added in my own feelings and cuz I was on a roll. hahaha.

did I give you butterflies? :) hehe

Yamaguchi is sending mixed signals because he can't realize his own feelings hehe

the last update for today since its 11:30 pm now 

Gn bishes

thanks for reading :))