Chapter 14: Call me Tadashi

TW: Outrage of modesty

After y/n's confession, y/n started hanging out with Yamaguchi more often. She did have other friends but she just wanted to be with Yamaguchi after missing out during high school. 

Instead of her emotionless face, y/n wore a smile whenever she walked around in school. How could she not? after all she wasn't rejected by Yamaguchi. 

Y/n had a routine of writing down small romantic messages to Yamaguchi. She would give it to him every morning they met. Yamaguchi would never show that he actually liked her small messages. He collected every one of it. Y/n being apart of his life made him happier even though he didn't want to admit.

Y/N would always look smiley and ditzy around Yamaguchi, it caught him off a surprise at the start but he got used to her smiles. He thought it wasn't too bad ( he actually thought it was the best thing to see y/n smile).

Y/N and Yamaguchi were at the cafe again to work on their project. Y/N was happily humming to a song and typing out their report. Y/n was going to ask him on a date later, she wasn't sure what place Yamaguchi would like but she chose to go to the concert. She had heard Yamaguchi plays the electric guitar in his band. So she thought a rock concert would be a good place for a date.

"Hey Yamaguchi, would you want to go on date with me to a concert on Friday?" Y/n asked with sparkling eyes. She always acted like a different person Yamaguchi. More kind, happier, and more special to him. He liked it.

"mhmm I don't know y/n, I'm a busy person..." Yamaguchi said with a teasing smile to continue playing his hard-to-get facade.

"Hmm well, I did get the special edition curly fries for you... but  I guess you don't want it if you're not going to the concert" Y/n teased back. She thought two can play in this game.

"Fine fine woman, I'll go. " Yamaguchi said rolling his eyes. Fries and y/n was a tough deal to pass out on.

^v^

Fast forward to the day of their date.

Y/n had picked up a pink short skirt with a black t-shirt of her favourite band, Linkin Park.

The doorbell rang and she opened to see Yamaguchi holding flowers. She was surprised that he bought flowers.

"flowers? " she asked raising her eyebrow.  She didn't think he would...

" You said this was a date right. You like flowers right? I remember you always watered the rose and daffodils in the garden." Yamaguchi said looking away, he was feeling embarrassed. He shoved the flowers in y/n's hand and walked back to his bike waiting for her to come.

Y/n's heart filled with joy.  

She ran up to him and sat on his bike. She whispered a thank you into Yamaguchi's ears which instantly set fire on his cheeks. He thought to himself that y/n is dangerous if he let her come to close him.

With that, they entered the concert area. The lights were dazzling and the bands played with raw emotions. The electric guitar riffs were cathartic. 

"They play really well don't they Yamaguchi," Y/n said turning to him.

Yamaguchi stared at her for a second before coming close to her ears to say

"Call me Tadashi" 

Y/n's eyes widened as she looked at him. She laughed shyly before saying 

"Alright hehe Tadashi" 

Y/n was now wearing a big grin. To which Yamaguchi smiled in amusement at her silly expression.

The crowd got bigger and instinctively Yamaguchi held y/n's hands, he guided her near him so she wouldn't get pushed around in the crowd. Y/n started to blush at how close she was near him.

After the concert ended, they went to the snacks bar to get a drink. As usual, y/n was geeking about how amazing the bands played. 

But something caught Yamaguchi's eyes with made his blood boil.

He saw a guy recording under y/n's skirt using his phone.

Yamaguchi gritted his teeth, his jaw clenched and before he could register what was happening he swung his fist at that guy.