O n e

P a i g e ' s P O V

"What are you supposed to be?" I asked looking at her over sized blue shirt with an 'M' on it.

"I'm a M&M," she glares playfully.

"We never agreed on being five year olds," I state.

"You saw five year olds with this costume, the nerve of those kids," she mumbles.

"Try this," I say throwing her the black devil costume.

"Paige, you know I look bad in black, give me that white one in your hand," she says throwing back the costume and reaching for the white one.

"You, an Angel?" I frown.

"Yes, of course," she grins.

"Why did you even print two shirts with M's on them, we never decided on that?" I ask.

"Well, we didn't really plan this, we never knew we were going to this party," she shrugs.

She removes her brown hair from her pony tail and then grabs the white costume from my grasp.

"Hey!" I yelp and childishly stick my tongue out.

I head into her bathroom and change into the black devil costume along with the horns.

I put on the socks that go above my knees and put the gloves on as well.

"That costume makes your waist look amazing," Amanda tells me as I enter her room.

She also has her angel costume on.

"So does yours," I laugh.

"Do you think Dominic will be there?" She asks.

"Amanda, it's his party," I face palm.

"Right," she sheepishly laughs.

"Ready, but now we need to do make up and hair," I say and turn on the curling iron.

"I'll do your make up," she says.

"Nice way of saying I suck at doing make up," I laugh.

"But you can style hair better than I can," she admits.

True

After our hair and make up was done, I put on the pair of boots and push my brown hair to the front of my shoulders, before checking in the mirror to see how I look.

"Perfect."

"Where is my halo?" She frowns.

I grabbed my bag and threw the halo at her.

"Thanks," she grins.

Maybe she plays the Angel better than I would have.

"Dominic lives down the street, so we can walk," I tell her and adjust the wings of my costume.

We both grin before heading downstairs only to be met with Amanda's parents.

"Have fun you two and remember, you're only sixteen!" Her father shouts as we walk out the front door.

I can tell that he isn't happy about our costumes.

As we walk down the street in the dark, a few kids walk on the side walk, wearing different costumes.

"See, I told you!" I exclaim as I see a kid wearing a 'M' on her shirt, along with her friend.

She gasps and glares at the poor kids.

We walk further down the road and the silence is broken by Amanda.

"My dad thought we would have covered more skin," she laughs.

"Well, we do look like hookers, but luckily it's just for Halloween."

"I love Halloween," she tells me as we almost reach Dominic's house.

"The trick or treating, scaring the neighbours, stealing our rival's candy and sharing them with my future husband," she swoons.

"You mean Dominic?" I snicker.

"Yes, I miss those days," she sighs.

"Well that was years ago."

"Yeah I know, our last year of trick or treating was when we were twelve," she chuckles.

"We were dressed as vampire and werewolf that year," I say.

"Yeah, you kept saying, 'I'm going to drink your blood'," she says with a Dracula accent.

"Our friends were scared of you for a good week," she laughs.

"Well, we're no longer twelve," I sigh.

As we approach Dominic's mansion looking place, I see the pumpkins on the side walk and the fake ghosts around the door.

The lawn was looking a lot more festive than any other people's lawns.

As we walk towards the door, I see that a lot of people have already arrived.

"Boo!" Someone shouts, followed by my scream.

"You scared the shit out of me," I say holding my hand to my heart.

"Sorry, but I do this untill my lovely girls are here and they are now," he claims.

"Dominic!" Amanda shouts.

If she didn't like him, I'm sure she'd punch him.

"Sorry," he pouts, putting his hands up in surrender.

"You'll have to make it up to me," she grins and grabs him, walking inside and leaving me in the doorway.

"Hey, he scared me too," I whine.

This is going to be one hell of a long night.

« · ❀ · »