Seppuku

Kai pushed her way through crowds in the packed theatre, juggling four glasses of ale, a box of fire flakes, and a bucket of popcorn covered in melted butter. Luckily, the production of The Boy In The Iceberg was an adults only screening, so there were no children around to trip her up while they ran around unattended.

"Four ales, comin' in hot!" Kai said as she approached the seats they'd snagged in the nosebleed section. She sat in the open spot between Zuko and Toph, lowering her full hand down to the seats in front of her. Suki grabbed two drinks while Sokka was already tearing open the package of fire flakes.

"I thought you were getting me one, too??" Toph asked, reaching for the amber colored liquid that Kai held just out of her grasp, but Zuko was faster.

"I specifically told you that I wasn't. I let you drink once and that was because it was a special occasion."

Aang turned over his shoulder, he sat with his arm around Katara in the row in front of Sokka and Suki, "What was the special occasion?"

"Impending doom." Kai said. She sipped the ale, and it sucked, but she'd missed the crisp taste.

The lights dimmed and the curtains drew away from the stage, revealing neon blue and white icebergs and a very much embellished representation of Katara and Sokka. The woman playing as Katara was ten years her senior and far too big breasted for anyone in the building to compare the women, she hung over the side of the boat sobbing about hope and peace and inner fulfillment. Kai and Toph sat giggling to themselves while the real Katara sulked from below.

"Well, this is just silly. I do not sound like that." She mumbled with her arms crossed sourly over her chest.

The writer's rendition of Aang came and went and even Zuko found it comical that they'd cast a woman to play his part. The lipstick and rosy blush added a nice touch, he thought. It was when the rendition of Iroh came to the stage that he realized these actors were going to butcher their characters even worse than they used to Love Amongst the Dragons. Their Iroh was fat and stupid and cared about nothing other than filling his mouth with cake.

Even worse was his own doppelgänger. A tall, angry man with a ponytail that was shaved to bring shame.

"Did you really used to look like that?" Kai asked from his right. She'd only even seen him post-ponytail, after he'd shaved it off to conceal his identity in the Earth Kingdom.

Actor Zuko growled at his uncle from the false helm of his boat, "You sicken me!"

And the real Zuko slumped down in his seat, "Yeah... I used to act like that, too."

The actor known as Kai had her own special intermission, one that had the real Kai's fingers twitching with anger. They hemmed her dress extra short and teased her braid especially ratty, making sure to paint bright green irises on the actor's eyelids for emphasis. They showed her drinking far too much and searching an empty bar relentlessly until she found, what they insinuated, was her victim.

"Wait, that isn't how that happened..." Kai said with pain and nervousness causing her voice to tremble.

They showed her hanging off the arm of a much older man in military attire, kissing at his neck as he led her back to his room for the night.

Zuko's eyes darted to her, he could feel her heart thumping in her hand that he held. The others looked back, all of them besides Sokka, he kept his eyes cast down into his box of fire flakes because he was the only one she'd trusted with this secret.

The fake, overtly promiscuous Kai went into the room with the General and, though they didn't show any details, they didn't leave out any either. The wooden prop that was painted like a shack shook and the moans of two consensual people could be heard.