part 24

"Is there something you wanted to talk about?" Moonbyul asked, while they were walking towards the park.

"Hm , not really." Wheein answered ,looking down.

They had left the mall after wheein texted Hyejin,telling her that she'll go somewhere else with moonbyul.
Her reply to wheein said "ok, don't do anything naughty;) " to which wheein made a mental note to slap her when they get home.

"How have you been lately?" Moonbyul asked the small girl.

"Well...I've been good, I guess. Been doing some painting here and there. How about you ,unnie?"wheein looked up to moonbyul ,who walked next to her.

Moonbyul chuckled before answering.
"I've been at home mostly. Just playing around with Mango."

Wheein smiled thinking about that adorable cat.

"How is she?" Wheein asked.

"She's good. But uh...she's been sick lately. The vet said that it was a bacterial infection. "

"Not my baby ." Wheein teared. Moonbyul laughed at the sight.

"She's okay, Wheein-ah. " Moonbyul assured.
"If you want to see her ,you can come over if you'd like. You know where I live anyway."

"Ok."Wheein answered softly , looking down again.

It suddenly became silent. Wheein smiled to herself,  enjoying the moment. It was comfortable and not awkward at all. After all she loves being with her favorite unnie.

The two kept walking until they reached a bench.
They sat down and watched as some kids played around.
Adults, young people and their pets were present as well. Some were having a picnic and some just relaxed  under a tree.
Just your typical hang out at the park.

"Unnie." Wheein called.

Moonbyul turned her face to look at the puppy girl.
Grey orbs looking into brown ones.
Wheein felt lost in them again. But she was able to get herself together by reminding herself why it is she wanted to talk.

Wheein sighed and looked down again. This time looking at her hands, as she was playing with her fingers.

"Is something bothering you? You can tell me if you want." Moonbyul smiled softly.

Wheein was hesitant for a bit. She took a deep breath and told herself to just get it over with. 

"It's just- "
"A-are we still friends, unnie?"

Moonbyul glanced at wheein and looked in front of her again.

"Do you still want to?"  

Silence took over once again.

Wheein was having an internal conflict, so she didn't answer right away .

Moonbyul thought that wheein was upset because of her.

"Wheein-ah. I'll be honest with you. " Moonbyul began.
"If us being friends means you getting hurt , considering I now know how you feel, then I'd rather that we just- "

"Don't. " Wheein interjected.

"I know you're trying to be considerate, unnie. But just don't. I'm  not weak. I can handle it. Just...don't push me away. I'm here for you ." Wheein took moonbyul's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"Here for me?" Moonbyul looked at wheein after a quick glance at their intertwined fingers.
"What are you- "

"Irene unnie came to me some days ago. "