20

Third Person P.O.V:

September 19th, 2019

Hermione sat down in the great hall for breakfast, waiting for a letter from her Y/n. A few people greeted her with 'Happy Birthdays', which she gave thanks for, but they knew she was only excited for one person to wish her a happy seventeenth birthday.

Y/n sent her a text this morning, telling her to expect a package from her today, and she hoped Hermione would like it.

It made the brunette giddy, thinking of what Y/n had gotten her, and a small part of her was excited to show off how thoughtful her girlfriend was.

It's foolish, she knew that, but Hermione wanted to brag that her girlfriend was better. Mostly to shove it in Ron's face. She was still being a petty bitch to him, and she was enjoying every second of it.

Harry and Ron sit across from her as Ginny sits beside her, talking about the tryouts for the Beater positions, but Ginny soon finds her eyes on the other girl.

"So, excited?" Ginny asks as she laughs quietly, watching as Hermione eyes the slots that the owls come through every few seconds.

"Is it that obvious?" She asks as Harry nods and takes a fork full of eggs into his mouth, Ron keeps his eyes on his plate.

"I've seen children hopped up on sugar that are less jittery than you," he says, making Hermione smile with pride. She was proud to be this excited over something so trivial, she doesn't remember the last time she felt like this.

"I can't help it. Y/n has a weird effect on me" she admits as Ron stabbed his breakfast sausage, making Harry jump slightly as the fork scrapped against the plate.

The group's eyes landed on him, but he didn't even bother looking back, instead deciding to eat the food and continue to look at his plate. Hermione glared for a moment before getting back to the conversation at hand.

"I wonder what my parents got me this year," Hermione says and Harry looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You wonder? 'Mione, you tell them exactly what you want every year" he chuckles as she rolls her eyes and sips her water. Ginny snickers and takes a bite of her eggs, eyeing Hermione's side profile momentarily.

"The real question is, what did Y/n get you" she asks, making Hermione pause a moment and bite back a smile, but quickly clears her throat and shakes her head.

"We've only been dating for a few months! I don't expect her to get me something" Hermione says, but Ginny scoffs and takes another bite of her breakfast.

"You're such a liar" she mumbles as Hermione gently kicks her under the table, causing Ginny to hiss slightly.

"Hey! Don't-"

"Mails here" Harry sings out teasingly as loud hooting begins to echo into the Great Hall. Hermione's eyes flick up to the openings and watch as towels begin to swoop inside.

She spotted the black and white spotted owl with a red vest that was always known to be acquainted with the Hogsmeade mail service. It was carrying two boxes in its talons, sweeping down towards the table before dropping it directly in front of her.

The table shook slightly, the water in her cup rippled against the glass as she took in the sight of the two boxes. Harry pushes his plate to the side and leans on the table with a smirk, as does Ginny.

Hermione didn't pay them any mind as she grabbed the letter that was stuck to the front of the smallest box. It was from her parents, and no doubt was it some spending money and the necklace she wanted from the jeweler a few blocks from their home.