7

Third Persons P.O.V:

April 22nd, 2019

Ron and Harry decided to come stay with Hermione for the last few days of spring break. Her nerves were jumping everywhere as she sat in her parent's car outside the train station

The two boys had pushed aside their fighting for the time being and agreed to be civil for Hermione's sake.

A part of her was not very excited to see Ron, but she knew their friendship was hanging by a thread. She wasn't entirely ready to snip it away, yet.

She hears doors open and close and sees both of them silent, but they quickly greet her with smiles. Harry sat in the passenger seat as Ron took the middle in the back, watching them intently. Hermione soon starts the car and takes off to their destination.

"So...did you ask out your neighbor yet?" Harry asked with a smirk as he looked over at her, Hermione rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Of course that was his first question. He and Ginny had been pestering her about it for over a month now.

"Seriously? Why are you so hesitant?" He asks and Hermione sighs as she turns onto a side street.

"I don't want to rush things. That's not that an absurd reason" she replies as she hears Ron chuckle to himself.

"Who cares, it's obvious that you're not that into her" he laughs out, to which Hermione gritted her teeth and glared at him through the review mirror.

"Shut up Ronald" she spat as Harry told him to quit it, or he was coming back there to deal with him, himself.

Ron rolled his eyes as he rested his back against the seat and folded his arms across his chest.

"Don't listen to him Hermione, it's very obvious that you like her" Harry says as he looks back in front of him. Hermione just hummed in response, knowing that was the only way she could get him to drop the conversation.

They arrived at their destination a while later, as she pulled into a parking spot, she recognized a certain sports hat sitting in a booth by the window.

"Y/n?" She whispers with surprise as Harry and Ron fling themselves forward to get a better look.

"Where?" They ask in unison, their eyes grazing the people inside or walking by. Hermione hesitated a moment but pointed out to her with a quick raise of her index finger.

"That's her?" Ron asks with furrowed brows as he gets a good look at 'Y/n'. Hermione nodded as an ignorant smile formed on his face.

"Not to be rude 'Mione, but I get the feeling there's a huge reason you haven't told us more about her," Harry says as he looks over Y/n carefully. It didn't take a genius to notice something was off, from her pale skin to the tiredness around her eyes...it was obvious something had been left unsaid.

"She has...cancer" Hermione says quietly as her hands gripped onto the steering wheel. The boys heard the leather groan quietly.

It seemed that it was her first time really addressing it out loud. The girl she was falling for was dying, and saying the reason why, hurt her tremendously.

Ron's smile fell as he looked at Y/n, a pang of guilt hit his chest as he soon put his gaze onto something else for a moment.

"Do you want to eat somewhere else? We don't have to meet her yet if you don't want us to" Harry says as her looks at Hermione with a kind smile, his glasses falling slightly off his nose. Ron hummed in agreement.

"No, no. I think you guys will get along fine, I'm just...nervous" Hermione admitted as she looked at the two boys, Ron had even leaned forward to look at them with a kind stare.