15

Third Person P.O.V:

July 5th, 2019

It's been over a week since everything happened, and Y/n has gotten a little bit better. She's been sleeping so much now, so much so that a couple of times she has felt Hermione watch her so intensely, that she's woken up.

Y/n knows she's scared.

Fuck, she is scared.

"Y/n?"

She looked back at the voice calling out to her and smiled. Hermione had a look of intrigue on her face as she watched Y/n come back into reality.

"Yes, bookworm?" She asks, making Hermione smile back at her as she scoots her chair closer to the bed.

"You were drifting away from me for a second" Hermione chuckles as their eyes follow one another's in a small game of cat and mouse. Y/n laughs a little and apologizes.

"Sorry, just thinking about...you, actually" she admits with a chuckle of her own as Hermione took hold of her hand, tracing the veins with the other hand that lay on top of it.

"Oh really? What about me was worth such privilege?" she asks with a playful smirk as she brings up Y/n's hand and kisses it gently.

"Now if I went around telling you all my fantasies, where would the mystery go?" Y/n says as she scoots over in her bed and nods to the space next to her.

Hermione smiled as she climbed into the small space and wrapped her arm around Y/n, spooning her side.

It was quiet as they took in the slightly peaceful nature of the hospital, but the intense smell of disinfectant was giving Y/n a headache.

"Nice" Hermione whispers.

Y/n blinks a moment and then looks down at Hermione, watching as she traces shapes into the fabric of the hospital gown on Y/n's chest.

"Nice? I wouldn't consider me being in the hospital a memory worth remembering" Y/n mutters as she rubs Hermione's back, her nails scratching the skin just below her neck.

"I don't see it as you being in the hospital," Hermione mutters as she presses the side of her face to the middle of Y/n's chest, listening to the steady beats.

"You don't?"

"No. I see it as you still being alive"

Y/n didn't respond, instead opting to kiss the top of Hermione's head as they sat in silence. A few minutes went by before either one spoke again.

"I can't imagine not seeing you...hearing your heart function" Hermione admits as she closes her eyes and takes slow breaths, her hand slowly snaked up to Y/n's neck and scratches the side of it slowly. Goosebumps formed on Y/n's forearms.

"I can't imagine not being able to kiss you," Y/n says, and Hermione chuckles, as she shakes her head.

"What? It's true" Y/n says with a wide smile as Hermione looks up at her with a playful glare, making Y/n feel almost breathless from her beauty.

"Do you see me as an easy woman that will just kiss you when asked?" She asks teasingly as Y/n laughs and snickers softly in return. Their hands grasped each other as they cackled with each other.

After a minute or two, they calmed down as Y/n laid her head back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, feeling Hermione trace shapes on her collarbone.

"I...I don't know what you are," Y/n admits as she feels the shape tracing falter, and her head shifts up to look at her with a questioning stare.

"I'm your girlfriend," Hermione replies matter-of-factly, making a weight fall from Y/n's chest, even causing her to take a breath.