The Night Sky

So peaceful, so quiet. I could hear the sound of crickets chirping. Thousands of stars looking down at the Earth as well as me. The warm summer air surrounds my body as I lay in the grass field. So peaceful, so quiet.

I want to stay like this forever. No noises, no chaos, just relax. A place of peace, somewhere to take all the stress out. I sit up from where I was laying. I check my phone. It reads 11:30pm. My peace and quiet time is now over, I have to get back home.

My way home is very relaxing as well. I have to walk through the woods, but it's not creepy as you might see in the movies or read in the books. I put small lights on the ground that only come on at night, so I can see and feel safe in a way.

These were my woods so I do not have to worry about property or anything. I pulled my brown hair up in a pony tail. I had a funny feeling it was going to rain soon.

I finally arrived at home, my father's car was still gone. He's been gone for five hours now. Our house had every light on. Gosh, it looked like we were having some sort of party.

I slowly walked in trying to find the fact I was gone for so long. My two older brothers were playing some video game in the living room. That's how they cope with the chaos. "Bro! To your left!" Carter shouted.

"Aghh! Bro! No! There's another squad!" Drake yelled back. Drake and Carter were twins. Both brown hair and blues eyes. You really can't tell them apart. They were just three years older then me. I'm eighteen and about to graduate in two weeks.

"Hey, where's mom?" I asked. They probably didn't even hear me due to the loud noise of guns firing and bombs being thrown on the TV. They both shrugged. I rolled my eyes in response and headed upstairs. I peaked into her room. There she was, sound asleep. I snuck out and went to my room. My small, less peaceful room.

I just wish I was back in that grass field looking up at the stars, while they look down on me.