7.

"Kaminari-kun-!" Midoriya yelped, startled at the sudden action but was cut off my Ashido bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter.

"Denks! You're just making a fool of yourself!" She cackled, heavily leaning on the table to support herself.

"Are you okay?" Izuku asked as Kaminari made a choking sound and started rapidly beating on his chest before swallowing thickly and groaning.

"I'm good," he said hoarsely, giving a thumbs up and sporting a weak smile.

"You don't.. always eat like that, do you?" Midoriya asked, now even more worried and horrified at the realization that he'd never actually paid attention to Denki eating before.

"Oh nonono! ..... no, I just sorta..." Kaminari's waved his hand around in a circular motion as if to gather some words to explain what just happened. "Panicked?" He tried, glancing at Midoriya to reassure himself.

"Panicked?" Izuku echoed, blinking rapidly. "What on earth was there to be panicked about?"

"Well, you see," Mina piped up, having calmed down from her laughing fit, slinging her arm around Denki's shoulders and smiling devilishly. "Kami here has a thing for-"

Kaminari quickly slapped a hand over her mouth and looked back at Izuku, smiling and laughing awkwardly. "Ahaha, what she means is that I was just a little overwhelmed," he explained.

Midoriya knew what Ashido was going to say, she fully intended on revealing Denki's crush on him and any sort of negative reaction, she'd back pedal and play it off as a joke. Mina had done that routine plenty of times that he could safely bet that was what would happen. It had also happened enough that he knew it always backfired. No matter how hard she tried to play it off, there would always be a confrontation about those feelings between the two, whether it be behind closed doors or not, and the only time she was successful was with Bakugou's crush on Kirishima since the redhead was both very insecure and oblivious. Midoriya was grateful Denki had stopped her when he did because then he'd be forced to either play dumb or confront Kaminari about his supposed feelings and probably have to sit through him desperately trying to deny it.

This is the better outcome. He just forced a laugh and played along.

"Haha, overwhelmed over what?" Midoriya asked, rubbing the back of his neck bashfully.

Denki paused for a second, smile falling as he thought of a good excuse before quickly smiling again, a genuine one this time. "I've never had a master at making toast make some for me before," he said, eagerly expecting a good response and might've even been bouncing slightly in his seat.

And Izuku delivered. He laughed, a real full one that time. Like, really threw his head back on that one before composing himself enough to actually verbally respond. "What can I say?" He asked rhetorically, flipping an imaginary lock of hair over his shoulder. "I do make some bomb ass toast," he said, before falling into another lapse of laughter, this time, Kaminari joining him.

Once the two of them calmed down some, Ashido cleared her throat and stood up, effectively drawing the attention to herself. "Whelp, I've got some people to negotiate with," she said, wiping her hands unnecessarily. "You two enjoy your toast talk," she giggled, shooting Kaminari a not-so subtle wink before leaving the room entirely.