14.

The girls had gathered around easily, eager to find out about whatever had Ashido so- unreasonably -excited. Midoriya was the center of all their attention and he was doing everything in his power to avoid looking at any of them as he gathered his words and thoughts.

He opted to just completely close his eyes at one point before clearing his throat as a good introduction to him speaking. "Uh, before I get to anything on me, I have a question," he stated, eyes still closed. He got an enthusiastic "go for it!" and he sighed.

"Kaminari... has a crush on me, right?" Izuku asked, finally opening his eyes as he watched them all freeze at the question. He had no doubt that that was the case, Denki had wrote about it in his diary for goodness sake so even if they denied it now, their suspicious reactions wouldn't really do anything to persuade him otherwise.

After a long moment, all the girls rounded on Ochaco who quickly put up her hands in defence against their accusatory glares.

"Uraraka..." Yaoyorozu sighed in a disappointed tone.

"What!? I didn't tell him, what's with those looks!?" She said hotly, offended that she was being accused of something so big.

"Who else would have?" Jirou scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know? Mina? She's the one who's been so excited, she must've said something," Uraraka said, shifting the blame. Ashido gasped in offense but before a more heated argument could be had, Midoriya shit it down.

"Girls, girls, nobody told me anything, I'm just not stupid,"

Ok, that wasn't completely true. If Izuku hadn't read Denki's journal or if Todoroki hadn't come up to him and propose the idea then he would have stayed blissfully unaware to both Kaminari's and his own supposed romantic feelings. He was, however, smart enough to handle this particular situation pretty well. He likes to think that at least.

"Then how'd you find out, ribbit?" Tsu asked, putting a finger to her chin and tilting her head in question.

"Well, Ashido almost tipped me off this morning..." Midoriya drawled, trying to think of a good excuse.

"So it WAS Mina!" Ochaco gasped.

"Nonono!" Izuku denied, shaking his head vigorously. "She wasn't! Though, in hindsight, it's a miracle I didn't figure it out sooner,"

"So how'd you find out?" Asui asked again.

"Todoroki came up to my room after breakfast and told me his suspicions about it, it's one of his crazy theories that actually makes sense" He said. "Plus, Mina almost told me this morning,"

Ashido was fixed with disproving looks from the other girls. "I did not!" She yelled.

"Yes you did! You tried to do your usual routine of 'oh, he has a crush on you, jk jk' and we all know that you're never joking," Midoriya said, rolling his eyes at her protest.

"Mina! We told you to stop doing that, every one knows it by now," Yaomomo chastised.

"I didn't get the chance!" Ashido defended. "How'd you know that's what I was gonna say?" She asked, looking back at Izuku.

"Because I know you," he said simply, unimpressed. "And I didn't figure it out until after Todoroki came to talk to me about it,"

"Why are you bringing this up?" Hagakure asked.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, you said you didn't know until this morning but Mina said you texted her last night about something," Jirou said.

Shit.

Not even five minutes in and he's already screwed up his time line.

"Ah, well, I wanted to clear something up," Izuku said nervously. "Uraraka, that's what you were worried about earlier, right?" He asked, drawing all eyes back to her.

"What??" She questioned, blushing hunter the attention.

"You were worried that 'someone might get the wrong idea'," Midoriya explained. "You we're worried about me accidentally leading Kaminari on, right?"

"Oh- uh- yeah..." Ochako nodded, looking down in her lap.

"Yeah, so I just wanted to clear up that that's not going to happen since, uh..." Izuku awkwardly cleared his throat and laughed nervously. "I kinda like him too...."