Mortal Kombat II

500 years ago, the sorcerer Shang Tsung was banished to the realm of Earth. With the aid of Goro, he was to unbalance the furies and doom the planet to a chaotic existence. By seizing control of the Shaolin Tournament he tried to tip the scales of order towards chaos.

Goro was defeated by the Shaolin Monk, Liu Kang, ending a 9-victory streak. Enraged, Shang Tsung sent his army to exterminate Earth's warriors.

Only 7 warriors survived the battles, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Kano were to hold off an enraged Goro, while Raiden, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were to hold Shang Tsung's army and Shang Tsung's scheme would come to a violent end at the hands of Liu Kang...

Shang Tsung retreated back into Outworld leaving the island to explode. Liu Kang escaped, while Scorpion killed Sub-Zero and turned to ash. Goro, Sonya Blade and Kano fell to their apparent deaths when the island collapsed and Johnny Cage was rescued by Raiden.

Blackness. It seemed to swim. When suddenly, he saw a light and it was then that realized that the blackness he was seeing was actually his own sunglasses. Johnny Cage awoke. He was floating the sea on a wooden sail barge. But he did see his rescuer, the Thunder God Raiden. Perhaps he drowned? But Johnny doubted that. Johnny Cage was regularly a movie star, who had made many successful films throughout his career. But now he had a new idea for a film. One based on the adventure he had just had.

The light he had seen was coming from a boat, it even had the American flag draped on the side, but the thought of comfort quickly turned to horror when he saw that the men and women aboard were quickly pointing guns down at him. Their leader walked to the front. He was an African American, he was tall and had incredible strength, and was said to be the strongest man on earth. His name was Major Jackson Briggs. Known as "Jax" to his friends. He pointed down at the movie star and yelled. "Freeze!"

Inside the boat on the lowers levels, Johnny sat on a chair with his hands cuffed in front of him while Jax sat on the other side, interrogating him thoroughly

"Alright Cage, what happened on that island again?" Jax asked.

"I've told you 5 times already." Johnny replied annoyed. "We..."

"Come on Jax, I don't think it's going to change any time soon." Jax's partner Beran said. "I mean we've picked up pieces of wood and stone from that island. They look pretty ancient."

"I still don't buy it Beran!" Jax shouted. "Sonya's team sent out that distress signal and it was centered right where we picked up Mr. Hollywood! And I don't think Sonya would ever fight side by side with Kano!"

"She didn't have a choice!" Johnny pleaded.

With a sigh, Jax stood up from his chair and walked over to Johnny. "Alright Cage! We're gonna let you go! But when I get some solid evidence, I'll come after you myself!"