Seven - Missing

Missing

It had been five days since everyone last saw Brian. He was reported missing three days ago, and the town started searching for him two days ago. The police had found nothing yet. Abbie seemed to be doing okay despite her last panic attack. She had been clearing her mind and was searching for more information about the mythical werewolf to keep her mind busy. 

She had found books about mythical creatures in an old library, including books about werewolves. The books all described creatures turning every full moon, meaning she would turn again the next full moon. They had immense strength and agility. But they weren't the only creatures described. There were also vampires and witches. It wasn't so far-fetched for vampires and witches to exist if werewolves did, but she was only going to believe it if she saw them with her own eyes.

"Wake up!" Abbie's mom yelled and knocked lightly on the door. "Yeah yeah, I'm up," she muttered and closed the books. Abbie's mom left to go downstairs, and Abbie went into the bathroom to freshen up. When she was done in the bathroom, she laid the clothes she wanted to wear today on her bed. It was a pair of old mom jeans and a colorful wind jacket with a simple black t-shirt.

After putting on clothes, Abbie came downstairs. She quickly grabbed some food and left. It had become a habit this week to leave without saying a word quickly. A habit she really had to stop before her own mother got suspicious of her.

At school, the hallways were littered with missing person posters. Whispers and rumors replaced the usual chitter-chatter. One rumor they had been enjoying spreading the past week was that Kai, the root of all evil, had kidnapped or killed Brian. He would do it again to other classmates, which sounded like a fun fairy tale, but a dangerous one since the spread of this rumor made the classmates more aggressive towards Kai than the typical hateful stares they gave him.

"Good morning, Abbie!" Harmony yelled from across the hallway and quickly ran over to Abbie. "Hey, Harmony. Do you have English today?" Harmony shook her head. "Really? Aw. I have to hand in my English paper about that book, and I haven't made it yet," Abbie worriedly told her. She had been way too busy with her mythical studies to pay attention to what she actually needed to study. "If you ask the teacher if you could hand it in later, I think she would accept that. She's quite nice." Abbie nodded. That was something she was definitely going to try. After all, what is the harm in asking? "Thank you for the advice. I will use it!"

Abbie's first period was English, the class she had been dreading. The teacher, the long-haired blond with large glasses, was in a happy mood which was good news. Abbie sat down in her seat but sat alone, normally Kai would sit next to her, but he wasn't welcomed back after insulting a classmate. Which was bullshit in Abbie's opinion because the only reason he had insulted that boy was that the boy had insulted him first. Kai didn't seem all too bothered about it all, not even the insult. Abbie admired that. The way he couldn't care less while the whole world was against him. At least she was going to see Kai in the next class.

The class was quickly over, and when all students had left, Abbie walked nervously up to the teacher. "Hello, is it possible that you could push the deadline for the paper?" Abbie asked, afraid that the answer might be no. The teacher was questionable about it at first but quickly agreed. "I will push the deadline a week," she said happily as if that was the best thing ever to happen. "Thank you so much, miss Addison."

After Abbie finished the first three periods, it was lunchtime. And Abbie was looking for Kai and Jo. She couldn't find them anywhere until she went outside and saw a huge crowd around Kai and some other dude. They were fighting. That reminded her of the first time she ever saw Kai fight. She was quite shocked. Not a disappointing shock, a more surprising shock since he didn't look like the fighter's type.