(BoZ) Ares x Goddess Reader

Requested by SpoopyBoopyTheGhost

Y/n P. O. V

I was looking down at the human world through the clouds. I was beyond angry. Angry at my sister, Aphrodite. She was cheating on her husband again. I've always felt bad for Hephaestus. She would use her annoying smirk and that annoying voice and it always fixed everything. It would work on everyone. Except on me.
I was so caught up in my anger and thoughts, I didn't hear my husband's footsteps.

"Hello love." He greeted. I nearly jumped out of my skin for a second.
"Hello Ares. How was your day?" I replied and smiled. I then realised what I was wearing. A simple white gown to signify my purity. I was a goddess of love, just like me sister, but I was for the love between siblings. Between a mother and her daughter. A father and his son.
I grew self-conscious. Aphrodite was prettier than me. And I have always looked like nothing next to her. Not to mention he has nearly slept with her.

Ares put his hands around my waist and nuzzled his face into my neck. I felt his breath from him sighing in content. I held onto my necklace. A simple necklace I had from my dear sister when we were just children. It had a dove on the end of it. My symbol. And then I asked him a question I never thought I asked him, but something I've asked myself several times.
"Ares," he hummed in response. "Why did you marry me?" I felt him stiffened slightly. I can't believe I was asking him this. "Why didn't you marry someone else? Like Aphrodite?" I felt his arms leave my waist. I sighed and just before I could say or do anything he spun me around and kisses me passionately. I kissed him back. His hands went to my lower back and one of them brought my knee up higher. We pulled away after a hot minute.

"Y/n/n, I love you and only you. Don't ever think anything else. You're my angel. (autocorrected to Angle for a second.) I love you, you mean the word to me. My Goddess. Only you have my heart. Not anyone else. Not even your sister, Aphrodite." Tears glossed over my eyes over how sweet it was. I gazed deep into his eyes, his red eyes meeting my e/c eyes. My heart practically melted.

"I love you too, Ares." I replied, pecking his nose. He gently lifted me up, his hands went to my lower back and under my knees.

"Would it be alright, if..." he trailed off, a little embarrassed to ask that question. I nodded my head.  "Of course Ares. I want to lose it to you. And only you. I love you so much." He smiled and kissed me passionately once more and laid me down onto the bed. He climbed over to me. The curtains fell closed and... I guess you know what happened from there.