002. 'hogwarts'

draco's POV :
It was now a week after madam Rosmerta told me she'd talk to professor Dumbledore and i haven't got news from her.

-Draco dear, come to my office at the end of the day, i've got news, and pretty good ones may i say. Madam Rosmerta said to my ear. I nodded and kept cleaning the tables.

 I keep thinking about the girl that probably mistaken me for another family with the same last name as me. It wasn't common in the wizarding world to have the same last name but not be related at all. 

I've settled this morning with madam rosmerta that i'll leave sooner this day because i wanted to study more. lie i was planning on going to a small library and dig about this last name.

I was finishing cleaning one table when madam rosmerta calls my name, 'it's time, this will chose my faith for the next month, year or life' i thought to myself when i headed to her office.

Suddenly the smell of wood and candles enchanted my nose, It always seemed to relax me.

-Draco my boy, professor Dumbledore has agreed to take you in as a tutor, you can study when you're finished, and he'll give you a small room in the gryffindor common room. Madam Rosmerta said with politely.

-Really? That's awesome! When do I start? I said to the lady.

-Wait a moment I'm not finished. Dumbledore said he won't be paying you much, at least not a lot more than what I do. And that you'll have to do a week of trial.

So I've arranged you working here on the weekends and whenever you don't have much work, I'll be paying you a but less but with the payment that Dumbledore and I give you, it's more than enough. Madam Rosmerta said gracefully.

-Madam Rosmerta that's even better! I don't leave my place and get to study while teaching!

-Now now draco, don't get too excited, you get one week to not mess it up. Try your best, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition to the staff. Madam Rosmerta finished and gesturing me to leave.

As I was entering the bar I notice that it's almost time for me to leave. So I take my stuff , the normal, a scarf, hat and some gloves, it's pretty cold outside although we're barely finishing November.

I walked inside the small library when the smell of books, the cracking fire and a hint of
green apples? blocks my nostrils. I quickly walk to the smell when I see the prettiest girl I have ever seen.

She was facing a book, and her hair, brown as coffee and long as the hours of the night smelled just like what I've had blocking my nostrils.

-Well hello, may I ask your name? I believe our encounter before you didn't actually told me yours. I spoke and quickly regretted it, I sounded so clingy and desperate.

- Oh hi! I'm Amara Van Doren, nice to properly meet you Malfoy.

-As in 'the Van Doren's?  I was taken aback, the former last name could literally ruin everyone's life if you crossed them.

- Yes, that last name, although I prefer not to be called by that, it's Amara, for my friends.

- I can't believe I'm a friend of a Van Doren, your family- I was interrupted, god I always get interrupted.

-Yes you are, but please don't let it get you. My parents are the ones with all the fortune and recognition, I mean can you believe they haven't even introduced me to the community?

- Introduced you? I don't know what you're talking about. I say with a confused look.

-Well yeah, when a girl is about to turn seventeen they make this fancy party a cotillion is called. It's mainly to get the girl a good boy to marry years later. But my parents haven't even bothered on planning it!