11

They kept inviting us on double dates. Of course, me and Taehyun liked each other but definitely not in the way they thought we did.

Eventually the dance had come and Beomgyu pressured Taehyun into asking me because he thought the two of us were head over heels for each other.

My best friend expected me to accept, so I did. Not that I wanted to.

She took me dress shopping. She got a cute pink and white dress. Beomgyu's favourite colours. I chose to get a black dress. Taehyun's favourite colour was yellow. Beomgyu had told me. I didn't want to wear yellow though. Yellow was a happy colour and I wasn't feeling very happy about this.

They made Taehyun and I take pictures together. They made us take pictures of them. I could see the pain in Taehyuns eyes as he yelled 'smile!' In the happiest voice he could muster.

When we got to the dance, we didn't do much dancing. We stared forlornly at the ones we actually liked. They were perfect together.

Eventually, those two got tired of Taehyun and I standing idly by and they came to us, with pouts on their faces.

"You're supposed to be dancing," my best friend pouted.

"I don't really dance," I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Come with me. I want to talk to you real quick," Beomgyu smiled, a devious look in his eyes as he winked to my best friend. I didn't like how this looked.

He brought me to the dance floor and put both of my hands on his shoulders and he gently placed his hands on my waist, and he started gently swaying to the song.

"You wanted to talk about something?" I asked, awkwardly swaying along, my cheeks heating up as I looked anywhere but his eyes.

"You should dance with Taehyun. I know you like him. Don't be shy," Beomgyu winked.

"It's not that," I sputtered out. "I just don't like to dance."

"Well you're dancing with me," Beomgyu shrugged. "So that's no excuse. I know you're both shy, but I can see the love in your eyes."

That hit my heart like an arrow. In my pursuit to find something else to look at, I saw Taehyun dancing with my best friend. Does he feel like I feel? Or is he happy? Is he pretending that he came here with her?

"Anyways, on a separate note, I love her so much," Beomgyu smiled gently, his eyes gravitating towards the two that I had my eye on.

I bit the inside of my cheek discreetly. I shifted my eyes upwards and blinked the feelings away.

Just then, Taehyun and my best friend looked towards the two of us. Taehyun and I both looked at each other with a feeling of pity. My best friend and Beomgyu had a look of pure love in their eyes.

"You go dance with Taehyun. I'm gonna go dance with my future wife," he smiled gently, looking to her with his beautiful eyes that would never fail to make my heart flutter.

"Wanna go get some snacks?" Taehyun asked. I nodded. I just wanted to get out of here. We never ended up getting snacks. We just found an empty hallways where we could sit. I sat beside him and he sat beside me.

I felt a lump in my throat growing as tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't hold it back anymore. Tears fell. I sniffled and tried to wipe my eyes but they just kept getting wet with more tears. It seemed like that was the last straw for Taehyun because he snapped too. The two of us were sitting on the floor in an empty, dark hallway, during a dance.

It's fine though. I could endure this. As long as he's happy.