15

Being at a wedding of the one you love when they aren't getting married to you is heartbreaking. Me and Taehyun would get together for more frequent cry sessions. Every single day leading up to the wedding, Taehyun and I had cried together.

The wedding itself hurt the most. Seeing my best friend smile and talk about Beomgyu so fondly. Hearing him speak about her.

Just watching as the one you loved got married to my best friend. Hearing them exchange such thoughtful vows. Trying to keep a smile on my face the whole time. It was painful.

The reception was easier because I could hide. Well, that was until the bouquet toss. I was pushed up front and instead of throwing the bouquet, my best friend handed it to me and out came Taehyun with a ring. Beomgyu stood behind him with such a wide smile on his face, looking so happy. I could see the smile of pity on his face.

This had been the deal. If they got married, we got married. It was a way of satisfying our parents incessant begging for us to marry, but mainly a way for us to try to move on after such heartbreak. My eyes welled up in tears, knowing what this meant.

I had to let go. Taehyuns eyes were welling up too. He knew the same thing.

I nodded, confirming our worst fears and everyone else's biggest joy. Everyone began to cheer as the tears fell down our faces. He quickly hugged me, and we hurried out faces.

It felt like I was being drowned. Like I was being held underwater with no way to escape. It felt like I was being burned alive. It felt horrible.

I lifted my head from Taehyun's shoulder to look at Beomgyu one last time and see him the way I'd always seen him. The one I love.

He had a huge smile on his face and he was congratulating his best friend.

I buried my face back in Taehyun's shoulder. This was it.

It felt awful but we would be okay. We knew we would be okay. As long as they're happy.