Chapter 7

Cassandra POV:

"Right boys just go start your drills for now I'll be with you in a second." The boys were hesitant but turned to the field anyway and began their exercises. A few of them still sending glances our way.

"Now what could've you possibly done in the space of a couple hours? I only seen you this morning and already you're making the teachers your enemies?" He says in disbelief.

I huffed in annoyance, "I only got sent out it's not a big deal and besides you know best how much teachers overreact don't you steve?" I asked innocently giving him a tight-lipped smile. I know I shouldn't have said it but it was fun to see his reaction.

His eyes bulged out when he heard his name come from my mouth, "Listen you might think you can speak like that to me cause I'm your dad, but here I am your teacher and you show me the same amount of respect as anybody else. Understand?" I could tell he was angry with me but I hate how he immediately thought the worst when he saw me, I already got that from mum but now him?

I rolled my eyes and curtsied, "Yes sir, how very rude of me sir. Can I just go back to lesson now?" I said in the poshest accent, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

He sighed placing his fingers on the bridge of his nose, clearly realising he isn't getting to me. "Look I don't have time for your nonsense right now, I've got to do some training with the boys but I'll deal with you later, but I need you to realise this is gonna affect on me and my job and I can't have you jeopardising my work just cause you don't take anything seriously, honestly Cass do you not think about what will happen if-"

I zoned out, I couldn't take it anymore honestly. All the lectures are just the same, them blaming me and getting worked up over something stupid.

I looked behind him at the boys doing their exercises and seen a couple of the boys looking my way. Probably trying to listen in on what we were saying.

While scanning the field I locked eyes with the boy I seen the other day, the one that helped me with that kid zain. He's really good looking I can't lie but he seems like the fuckboy type, then again I'm not one to judge a book by its cover. His braces are really cute- wait is he smiling at me? No wait- he's laughing? What could he possibly be laughing at-

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I saw my dad clicking in my face shouting. A few of the boys were still chuckling talking amongst each other. Oh god did everyone see me staring?? That is so embarrassing. This is all dads fault, if he just let me go back to class like I asked then I'd be fine. "Cass. CASS. Are you even listening to me? I- you know what, just go sit down until your next lesson starts, I don't want to risk you getting into trouble if a teacher sees you walking the corridors."

"What do you want me to do? Sit here and do nothing? Just let me go back to class I'm sure my teacher won't mind." I practically begged. I refuse to sit here by myself while all the boys make fun of me over what happened before.

"You'll be fine, just sit over there and reflect on what you've done." He said in the most teacher way possible. I rolled my eyes once again.

"Honestly Cassandra roll your eyes one more time I dare you." He stated pointing an accusing finger in my face. "And your phone will be gone. Now go sit over there next to that kid on the benches. But don't talk to him, I don't need you creating more issues for me."

I turned around to see a boy in a purple blazer with a hoodie stuffed underneath. He was sat there with his legs spread and his head in his hands. He definitely doesn't wanna be disturbed by the looks of it.

Before I could protest he blows his stupid whistle in my face. "RIGHT BOYS LETS GET TO WORK WE HAVE A GAME COMING UP NEXT WEEK!" He smiled smugly walking backwards. He ended up turning around and jogging towards the joys shouting incoherent orders. All the boys stiffened and followed what he was saying.

There was nothing I could do so i adjusted my bag on my shoulder and turned around, heading towards the boy at the benches. I sat down about three foot away from him, making sure to make a loud noise on the creaky bench. Hey! I know I said he doesn't wanna be disturbed but there's still like 40 minutes left of the lesson and I need to make new friends anyway.

He didn't budge... seriously what is with this guy?

"AHEM" I fake coughed loudly, hoping to get his attention. He sighed and slowly lifted his head as if I were the biggest burden on earth. Looking at me was a boy with an eyebrow piercing and that basic haircut that all boys seem to think looks good. I gave him a cheesy smile when our eyes met and his were quickly filled with confusion. "Do I know you?" He asked, clearly irritated.

"No but I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm new here and wanna make some more friends, plus I thought you'd wanna speak to someone... you know since you're sat here like a loner." I joked.

He didn't laugh.

Oh god this is gonna be a hard egg to crack.

He stared at me blankly, very clearly not amused. I sighed and setting my bag down. "What's your problem I'm just trying to be nice?" I asked pretty offended.

"I'm not in the mood to speak to anyone right now alright? So just leave me alone yeah?" He said. Wow he really did not like me...

"I don't know what your problem is but listen I don't wanna be here either but I'm trying to be as nice as possible 'cause you look upset and here you are trying to mug me off." I flopped my hands in the air and sat back on the bench, "See this is why I'm not nice to people!" I complained.

I heard a chuckle from beside me, turning I see the boy laughing at me. Why is everybody finding a way to laugh at me today? "What?" I asked rather rudely.

"You talk so much shit, and you know I can hear you when you speak to yourself? You're not really quiet are you?" He stated, a hint of a smile still on his face, well at least he's in a better mood now.

I ignored him and turned towards the field watching the boys play. I'm not too into rugby but some of the boys at the school make it quite interesting, if you know what I mean.

"Wait what's your name sorry I didn't hear you?" I asked twisting round to him again.

"You didn't hear cause I didn't tell you." He retorted, back to his straight face.

I leaned my elbows on my knees and rested my head on my hands. "Wow alright no need to get rude about it, I only asked a question. Honestly why is everyone so rude around here? Did I do something wrong? Is karma finally coming back to get me?? Is-" just as I was about to rant on longer Mandy's voice pierced my ears.

"Jordan I'm ready for you now, you can come to my office!" There she was in her matching blazer and skirt with a brown leather satchel on her arm. Honestly does she try and look like a teacher?

I looked around to see who she was talking to and saw the boy next to me stand up and dust off his pants. He jumped off the benches and walked towards Mandy with his hands in his pockets.

Great now I'm by myself...

SURPRISEEEEE!!!! So we brought out a new chapter cause we realised that ackley bridge is doing pretty good again since it was put on Netflix. We didn't really like the direction that the series was going in and we didn't think the series was gonna do well tbh but since so many people have messaged and asked us to update, we thought we might give it another try. Anyway another update coming soon!!

Skylar & Holly