𝐕

P R E V I O U S L Y

And, he really couldn't deny it, but seeing her mad made him fall even more.

➶︎ NO ONE TOLD HER THAT FOLLOWING BUTTERFLIES WOULD BE A BAD IDEA !

BUTTERFLIES WOULD BE A BAD IDEA !

     AS THE SUN SHONE, and the wind blew calmly, many of the small creatures came out. It was a beautiful sunny weekend, meaning that Melanie and a few other students was spending the day outside, trying to enjoy the last of the warmth before it turned completely into a winter wonderland.

     Melanie, for some dire reason, liked to spend her days near the edge of the forbidden forest, and also in the edge of the black lake, as it seemed that no one does that, considering of how scared they are of the forest and what lurked in it.

     Considering her family were never the bunch to be quiet, seeing as there was always shouts and explosions—as Fred and George have called it pranks when she ran onto them yesterday— It was peaceful here, and she loved it.

     Today was no different as she sat on the grass, not caring about her clothes getting wet as it really wasn't see through when soaked by water. She was watching the sea's view, eating her mother's cookies that she had made and sent to each of the Weasleys—and Harry Potter.

     As she finished her dessert, she began to hum a small tune. The sunshine hitting her face, luckily, Melanie already put some sunscreen.

     A few butterflies laid on top of the flowers, it really wasn't an in-normal sight, yet they still intrigued Melanie, as if she was forcibly pulled towards the small creatures. And so, as the yellow and orange butterflies flew to the direction of the forbidden forest, Melanie let herself follow them, and a sense filled her heart with familiarity even though she never wandered this far toward the forest.

     Following the butterflies, even as fantastic as it sounds, was not quite easy, as she did stumble quite a few times, and have almost lost the butterflies twice. Yet, it was like her self-conscious knew where they were going, so really, Melanie just let herself walk through. Even as she didn't understand anything happening at the moment, she knew that she could trust magic, as magic has many, many branches, and isn't all reached out yet.

     After many minutes of walking, Melanie reached a clearing, it was different from the other parts of the forest, as light shone brightly in these parts, and there weren't many trees. She saw flowers, a whole color palette of it, they were very beautiful, and scattered among the clearing. The wind blew Melanie's hair out of her face, and she took a step front before noticing a boulder—or stone that reached up to her stomach. It seemed to have a few words on it, that she couldn't make out from that far.

     Nevertheless the beautiful scenery, Melanie was still a bit creeped out, because it looked like a tomb, and she had quite a big vendetta against them since their trip to Egypt—after Fred and George almost locked her up in one.

     After a few minutes of just awkward staring at the stone, Melanie's curiosity got the best of her, and she took a few cautious steps, as if something might come out and hurt her, but nothing did. As she was in front of the stone, it wrote;

"Η Ανθεία, η χάρη και η θεά των λουλουδιών, μπορείτε να σηκωθείτε και να τα βοηθήσετε"

     Melanie didn't understand one bit of the things it wrote—except the H, which probably didn't even mean H—but she didn't exactly want to dwell in it either, as she still had her paranoia of following things she did not know of, as her sister Ginny made the mistake of it on their first year.

     It was getting late, and, not wanting to pass curfew, or dinner, for that matter, she set back.

     Problem? She didn't know how to get back.

Great job Melanie, her self conscious told her, you knew you were bad with directions, and here you are, following literal butterflies and getting lost in the forbidden forest. Real smart, isn't it?

     It was like she was running around in circles, she didn't know where she was going, at all. Time was ticking as she kept going, some hope of getting back like how she got here still with her. Yet, as she kept going, there was no familiarity nor was there a conscious guidance.

     She was lost, not knowing where she was in the forest.

     She was panicking, as she knows not of what lurked in the moonlight.

     She was tired, at running around in circles as if nature didn't want her to get out.

     Melanie was in a lost cause, and she desperately needed help.

     As she sat down near a tree, a tired sigh escaped her. And suddenly, she was losing conscious. Though she desperately tried to wake herself up, knowing that anything could kill her in the woods at the dead of night, it felt as if her body shut down, refusing to awaken herself.

And so, the last thing she saw was a gleaming, bright light of fabric before slipping out of her own conscious.

     Weasleys really had a knack of getting into trouble, did they?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I almost wanted to delete this chapter considering
It's short length, but it's very very
Important to the plot, so I hope you enjoyed!