𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4

chapter 4 : aesthete

- start of chapter -

❝ You sure Bella's okay ? ❞ Xavier asks the blonde girl as she just nodded her head , ❝ I mean a new student in a high school that's filled with frat boys and in March ? I mean obviously it's not okay . ❞ Elaine answers her best friend as they both soon drove up their school's driveway .

❝ True . So how's you and that admirer , did he make a move ? ❞ Xavier's tone chganged and his jaw clenched at the word ' admirer ' . Elaine blushed as she hid her face in a curtain of her blonde golden hair , ❝ No , he didn't while I don't really care . ❞

❝ Your embarrassment says a different thing . ❞ Xavier commented as Elaine blushed even harder , ❝ I'm gonna go Xavier . Bye ! ❞ Elaine planted a kiss on his cheek before leaving the car . She caught Bella leaning against the orange truck with her earphones in her ears .

I planned to confront and demand to know what his problem was .

Elaine slowly crept up to her twin and pulled one side of her earbud out , ❝ boo ! ❞ Bella flinched and turned to see the person only to see her twin laughing her lungs off . She grinned and laughed along with her .

Bella looked around at the school car park to see the Cullens starting to arrive to school . Emmet stood high in the Jeep while Rosalie drove in the car . As she stared , Emmett stared back at the jet black haired girl . ❝ So she was the reason Edward has left town . ❞ Emmett though as he slightly scoffed under his breath .

❝ What's wrong , brother ? ❞ Henrik questioned Emmett as he noticed the intense glare he was aiming at Bella , ❝ she is the reason he left . That stupid blood singer . ❞ Henrik slapped his brother's head from behind as he rolled his eyes , ❝ it's no one's fault . He just met his blood singer and couldn't control himself . Don't accuse her . ❞

❝ What 'cause your little blonde girlfriend is her sister ? ❞ Emmett teased as Henrik was about to slap his head from the behind again but Rosalie abruptly stopped causing Emmett to fall , ❝ Stop you both and Emmett's right , rick . ❞ Henrik just rolled his eyes before gripping his book in his hands tightly and leapt out of the car .

❝ Bella , what you looking for ? ❞ Elaine asked Bella as Bella turned back to see her sister with a confused face . ❝ Where's Edward ? ❞ Elaine turned to see Emmett leave the car , then followed by Rosalie , the small couple and Henrik with a scowl on his face . Elaine immediately felt worried at the sight of Henrik with that scowl .

She excused herself from Bella and strolled up to Henrik . ❝ Hey Henrik , ❞ Elaine greeted as Henrik immediately turned around to her voice , ❝ hey Lainey . ❞ He greeted back , plastering a fake smile and his hard grip on his book released into a soft grip .

❝ I noticed how angry you were when you stepped out of your car . You okay ? ❞ Henrik admired and took in the girl that stood in front of him , ❝ uh y-yea I'm doing great now that you're here . ❞ Henrik realized what he blurted and quickly turned away with a rosy red on his cheek . Elaine stood shock before smiling softly .