when s/he loved me w. wmmap (ft. lady baby)

tw favoritism, neglect

🗓 ⌜  mundane monday  ⌟  ┈─❟

It was a quiet day in the Empire of Obelia. The oldest daughter of Claude walks around the hallways, a dull look in her eyes. It has been some time that her father gave her a chance to spend time with her. Heck, he doesn't even visit her that much anymore, only from time to time.

He must be giving his attention to Athanasia again. (Y/n) thinks, sighing deeply. She continues to walk around her palace before stopping in front of her door.

"Lady (Y/n)!"

The young girl looks back seeing her personal maid, Elizabeth, smile down at her, a stack of letters in hand.

"Lady (Y/n)! A letter from one of the nobels!" The maid joyfully gives her the stack of letters, excited for her reaction.

(Y/n) looks at it for a moment before looking at the name of the senders. Her eyes glittered at the names before she looks up, flowers surrounding her.

"Read it with me."

Elizabeth flinches for a moment, smiling wryly. "I don't think that's appropriate, Lady (Y/n). I am, after all, a servant."

With a pout, she shakes her head as well as grabbing the older maids arm. "C'mon!"

"W-wait! Lady (Y/n)!"

***

Later on, (Y/n) was the only one that read the letters as Elizabeth watches her expressions with slight happiness.

This is good for Lady (Y/n). She chuckles when she heard a slight gasp of excitement. She must be attention deprived after all.

It was not a secret that Claude doesn't pay much attention to (Y/n) anymore. When Athanasia suddenly appeared, it's like he was a ghost, just a memory in the palace.

It made the Lapis Lazuli Palace maids and butlers hate the young blonde to what had happened to their lady. Of course, (Y/n) doesn't know about this, she wouldn't need to know.

It would be her slight demise when she finds out that Elizabeth thinks of this way too.

"-beth..."

If only...

"Elizabeth!!"

A scream cuts her out of her thoughts. Blue eyes piercing through her own with worry. "Are you okay? I was calling you for like a minute already." She asks worriedly, placing her slightly small hands on the maids cheek.

Elizabeth flushes red at her cuteness, almost squealing at the sight but she composed herself. Smiling warmly, she answers her.

"I'm fine, Lady (Y/n)."