thirteen

"you're failing my subject."

the sunkissed boy just nodded his head while his arms were crossed against his chest. he was seated on a chair while chewing a gum, obviously not paying attention to his teacher.

donghyuck was expecting it. why would a subject teacher of his talk to him in her office? obviously, it would be about his grades.

"lee donghyuck, i'm serious!" his teacher dictated.

the student uncrossed his hands. "well, i never passed any homework nor projects  in your subject so i saw this coming."

the teacher held her breath to calm herself. she wanted to help the boy but him being like this wasn't helping in anyway.

"i'm giving you a chance. i know your father wouldn't be glad about you failing."

her words made donghyuck stop chewing his gum. he didn't say anything and stayed still.

"the school's foundation day is near," the teacher told him, "we need someone to present our department for the dance competition. duo since i've figured you'll just escape if it's group."

donghyuck just shrugged. the dance thing didn't sound bad. he liked dancing so why not.

"and about your partner, i'm still searching for someone..."

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"your doing some dance shit?"

jaemin just arrived at the rooftop, disturbing donghyuck's alone time. the sunkissed boy gave him a look, "how told you?"

the blue haired boy shrugged his shoulders. "i just heard it... you know, gossips."

donghyuck scoffed. "you eavesdrop again..."

the boy immediately shook his head. "no! i was just curious why you were going inside that office and she was loud, okay? i did not eavesdrop."

"okay," donghyuck mocked him before putting the cigarette back between his lips.

jaemin took a seat beside him. he slipped his vape pen out before giving his friend a glance. "i know you're avoiding renjun."

donghyuck got the cigarette from his mouth. "i'm not."

"it's obviously, hyuck. you don't have to lie," jaemin told him, "i'm your bestfriend...  and i know why."

donghyuck stood up from being seated and threw his cigarette on the floor. he stepped on it before throwing jaemin a glare.

the said boy flashed a smile, "you've been avoiding injun for a month... because he's dating seri, right? you're not even bothering her anymore."

donghyuck raised his middle finger before walking towards the stairs. "just do not forget the car on saturday. and i'm not avoiding anyone, 'kay?"

he heard jaemin's laughed before he started climbing down the stairs. but he couldn't deny it. jaemin was right.

ever since he apologized to the girl, he had never bothered her again. seri and renjun got closer and casually started going out which made donghyuck avoid renjun.

he didn't know why but everytime he sees renjun, he can't help but scoff at him or roll his eyes in irritation. for som reasons, he started hating his friend.

donghyuck glanced at his wrist watch and saw that it was almost dismissal. he needed to see ms. kang to save his grade.

when he had reached ms. kang's office, he twisted the door open while his free hand ran its fingers through his disheveled hair.

"there you are," the teacher said as he closed the door, "so you're willing to save your grades...."

donghyuck glanced at the girl who was sitting. his eyes narrowed at her as if questioning what she was doing there.

"and donghyuck, i just found the best partner for you," she says, turning her head towards the girl, "seri."

donghyuck tugged on his ear lobe. he cleared his throat before speaking, "is she even fine with it?"

the girl glared at him, somewhat she was offended. "well, i'm totally fine with it."

afterwards, teacher smiled. "it's settled then, you two can start practicing on saturday."