Interlude: Pseudo Scientist of the mid 20th Century

For as long as he can remember– when he was born, he was already conscious and aware of his surroundings despite being born as an infant.

" Hughes... His name is Hughes Everett. "

" You wouldn't name him after me, his Father? "

" Hughes has a certain ring on them. And you are already Hugh Everett the Second. "

He already understand that those two people who he can hear talking are his parents.

" But the tradition... "

" Tradition? What tradition? I never heard Father in law say something like that. "

" Sigh, Hughes it is... But his nickname would be Hugh, got it? "

" Definitely, dear. "

" Welcome my little child. "

" He was so little and cute, isn't he my dear? "

" Right, like a tomato monkey. "

" Ouch! Why did you whacked my head?! "

" Dear! I haven't suffered through this painful labor process for you to insult your son like that! "

" Ouch, ouch, ouch, my hand, my hand dear! Your grip is so painful despite all of this.."

" Certainly. Now, please hold Hughes for a while. "

" Wait! I don't know how to hold– "

" I'm sleeping! "

He can hear, understand the meaning of the words and grasp what was going on his surroundings.

That time, he thought that there was nothing of it and it was completely normal.

As his days pass as an infant, his parents learned that he was quite unusual. He was a quiet child. He likes to make the burden of his parents as less as possible. He thought that he doesn't want to bother them unless necessary. He would only cry loudly if he was hungry or his diaper already full of his disgusting stuffs. His parents thought it odd, but they were also thankful for his unusual behavior after they got over their concern that something was wrong with him.

For a baby, he was a little advance than normal infants. He learned to crawl, walk and say his first word earlier than them.

His parents called him an intelligent person. He wondered why they didn't describe him in that word.

When he was a child, his unusualness become more prominent. He can't get along with the other children. He would usually correct the children when they are in wrong. He would refuse to get along with their ideas and thought that his ideas were the correct one. When asked why he is certain, Hughes would say that it was because he said it. He ended up not getting along with the other children and spending his time alone in the corner. Spending his times reading books and getting a headache why did a certain word, actions or thing feels familiar.

At that time, he also never thought to tell his parents over his problem. It never entered on his mind. As if it was telling him that his parents would never understand. He learned to ignore the problem and avoid thinking about those headaches.

It have worked. Soon, he already forgot those things. And he also forgot that he was having a headache over those things.

When he started going at school, he was the top of his class. But no children or classmates of him wanted to play or approach him. He ended up as a loner and a bookworm. Watching the kids have a normal life, play and talk with their own friends and classmates–even through he tried to ignore it, and reason that they are just stupid, Hughes can't help but feel envious of them sometimes.