Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Published: December 13, 2020

Updated: September 30, 2021

Potter groaned in his ear when he woke up. "Crap, my back. Next time, I'm putting you back into bed."

"Sorry," Draco murmured, but his heart fluttered at the mention of next time.

"You don't have to be sorry. I hide in my closet sometimes."

Draco tilted his head toward him. "Why?"

"I just find it... familiar. My aunt and uncle made me sleep in a cupboard when I was younger. Trapped me in it. But the close four walls, the darkness... it was my safe space. They didn't hurt me or glare at me there," Harry explained, revealing his past to him.

Draco felt his stomach drop at the image of Harry's childhood. "That was what your muggles did to you?"

"Some muggles are assholes, Draco, and some wizards and witches are, too. But come on. Hermione is coming soon. We need to get up."

Draco sighed. He liked Harry being so close. He couldn't forget what Hermione had told him, that Potter was gay and in love with him. Potter was still dressed, so there wasn't anything improper about it, though he was shirtless. Draco let go, though. Harry deserved better than a blind beggar with no future.

Harry clambered to his feet and stretched. "I'll use the loo and get started on breakfast. Just come down when you are ready."

Draco nodded as he also got to his feet. Harry left, and Draco went to his chest of drawers and pulled off his pants as he felt for a fresh pair.

"Draco, what do you want for..." Harry said, coming out of the bathroom and stopping at his door. Apparently, he hadn't shut the door either. "Sorry, I didn't... I'll... umm... go...."

Draco was resisting the urge to smirk, as it took Potter several seconds to leave. He had definitely gotten a good view of everything. When Potter scampered, he chuckled. He knew he had an awesome body, time on the streets notwithstanding. He was well-endowed, at least compared to Theo and Blaise. It was too bad Granger was coming over, or he might have gone down without a shirt on.

Draco picked out a soft shirt and then found the robes that Harry had mentioned. He didn't want his mark on display. He was halfway through pulling them on, when he remembered what Harry said. He didn't have to hide. He let go of the robes and felt his mark. The line through it was barely there. He could feel the ridges of the adapted Protean Charm. Morsmorde Mercurio. He hated that it was there, but still took off the robes and placed them back into the wardrobe. No more hiding, he told himself.

He went to the loo, fixed his hair as best he could and then went down to Potter, who was cooking and singing Thriller under his breath.

"I hadn't realized it was that close to Halloween," he drawled.

Potter dropped something. "Draco, sorry I didn't hear you come down. Yeah, it's tomorrow, actually. You know muggle music?"

"Blaise liked muggle records. No electricity needed."

"Blaise Zabini, right? He's the one who sent you money?"

"Yes, he, his mother, and his boyfriend fled to Italy. None of them were marked, but thought it wise to leave anyway."

"His... boyfriend?" Harry questioned, apparently finding this news quite interesting.

"Theo. His dad was a Death Eater, but he never was marked."