Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Published: December 15, 2020

Updated: September 30, 2021

Harry left him after double and triple-checking that he was okay with being alone. What was it with these Gryffindors? Instant forgiveness? Declaring war on public opinion? He made another cuppa and sat on the couch in the den, stewing. He drifted in and out of consciousness until past midnight, judging by the grandfather clock dinging somewhere in the house.

Suddenly the fire roared, and Draco stood up as someone came through. Potter said, "Draco? You're still up?"

"I napped."

"Alright, let's get to bed," he said, yawning.

"What happened? Where have you been?" he growled, annoyed that Potter had left him without an explanation.

"Trying to nail that fucker down. He's on leave, right now. I scoped out his place, his various family members, and his friends. He appears to have either vanished or went on a long vacation. I'm sorry I was gone so long. I was kinda-like in the zone? Like I just had to find him, and then we can get you out of this mess."

"Umm... Harry? You do realize that he has no obligation to tell you anything? I never saw him attack me or even hit me with the curse."

Harry hummed for a second. "Good point. I'll think about it tomorrow. Kreacher make you dinner?"

"Yes."

"Alright, come on. I'm sorry you waited up for me."

"I was worried about you, prat. You barely told me anything," he snapped.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know where he was. I couldn't give you a time when I'd be home."

"I meant about all of this, Potter! Granger asked to become my legal proxy, why's Weasley going to Azkaban, and what about...."

"Draco, please, I'll explain it to you tomorrow, but I've literally been running all over London trying to Trace and Snag that bastard. I'm tired," he said, with exhaustion.

"Fine," he said and followed behind Potter up the steps.

As Draco got to the top, he had to scoot past him to get to his room, but Potter suddenly turned into him and forced him into the wall.

"Sorry, I was just going to my room," he apologized, though Potter was the one who had stopped in the middle of the hall.

Harry didn't say anything at first. "Your blond hair is coming back."

Draco's hand went to his head and he nodded, but Harry didn't move, though. He was encroaching his space, again, like when Harry had found out who he was. Draco could feel him trembling, too., and now he was alert, despite the hour.

Harry stammered out, "Were... w-were you..." he paused, trying to regain his composure, and Draco was getting worried. He started, again, breathing heavy, "Look, I know Hermione told you about me. I mean, about my preferences, but I can't stop thinking about... it. You weren't... m-messing with me, were you?" He was close enough that Draco could feel his breath on his face.

"What?" Draco asked, confused.

"Those... memories. They were about me. Flashes of our past... but then at the end, it was you kissing..." Harry said, his voice pained.

Bloody hell. Draco's shoulders dropped. "I d-didn't mean to. You were talking, holding my hand. I felt safe. I wasn't trying to think about those memories."

Harry let out a disappointed sigh and eased off him. "Okay, I'm sorry. I just thought... well... goodnight."

Draco's stomach dropped, and he grabbed his arm. "Harry, I didn't mean for you to see the last one, or maybe I did. I just wanted you to know that I'm interested... in guys."