Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Published: December 20, 2020

Updated: September 30, 2021

Potter floo-called Hermione to join them after he showered to invite them over. "I'm sorry, Draco. I shouldn't have drifted out that bad."

"It's fine, Harry," he said, sitting in his usual chair. "Think I should mix it up?"

"I-What?" Harry said.

"The cube. As amusing as it was to figure out where all your dishes are and mapping the whole house, I'd like something to do. Cause I don't need to worry about ensuring my own survival anymore."

"Umm..." Harry mumbled.

"Don't hurt yourself thinking," Draco snorted, holding the cube. "It shouldn't take as long the second time."

"No... why don't I get you another one? They aren't expensive," Harry decided.

Draco brought his head up to look where Harry was, but Harry walked over, and his hands slowly wrapped around Draco's and the cube.

"Don't mix it up, please?"

Draco nodded as the fire lit up, and two people came out.

"Harry!" Hermione said. "I'm glad you're... up."

"Was getting worried about ya, mate," Ron greeted Harry, and they probably hugged or something.

"Draco managed to shake me out of it. Where do we stand?"

"Trials went without a hitch. All of Draco's attackers from Diagon Alley were convicted and got a year. Williamson and the other Death Eaters are looking at life."

"That's good."

"Step two is done without you, then?" Draco concluded.

"No, it isn't. You forgot the hospital that threw you out into the street and that halfway house that tried to send you back for ten years. Your friend died because of them."

"It's not necessary, Potter."

"Really? What happens when your mum gets parole?" Harry snapped.

Draco winced, and tears came out. "No...."

"Sorry, Draco, but are you with me now?" Harry asked, and he nodded. "Okay, cause it's not just you. No one deserves to go through that. Hermione, what have you found out?"

She came over to him, though. "Draco, I checked your accounts. You didn't have any withdraws on your account. Your father had set aside a trust fund for you. You weren't meant to use it until you came of age, and you still didn't use it then."

"My father never let me be without money. There wasn't a need to use my private account."

"Well, under the law, once you came of age, the money is separate from your father and is yours. Regardless if your father supported Voldemort, it was your private account, and you didn't support him."

"I know," he reiterated.

"I mean... I'm going to lodge an appeal and a complaint and see where that leads us."

"You do realize that I'm a marked Death Eater, Hermione? They're not going to even entertain the thought!" he grunted.

"Oh, you'd be surprised at how persuasive Hermione can be, Draco," Harry chuckled. "Lodge the parchment forms. Ron, can you go look into that halfway house at the Ministry and do some digging?"

"Right-o. Meet back for dinner?"

"Sure, send for Luna and Gin."

"Will do," Weasley said and said goodbye to Draco before he disappeared into the flames.